The Saga of Sky High

Start from the beginning

Of course he didn't have those powers. At least he had powers, Crutchie didn't have any...yet. Medda figured that would only be a matter of time. She knew Crutchie's parents and knew that they were heroes that remained more in the shadows than some of the more popular superheroes but, she knew that they did a lot of good things as heroes. Medda is still confident that Crutchie will some day have powers and be able to do a lot of great things. Jack sighs as he sees his friend Davey pull up in the Jacob's family rocket car. He hurries over and slumps into the passenger seat. 

"I can't keep doing this, Dave," Jack says the minute the car door closes behind him. Davey just lets the car idle in the parking lot. 

"What do you mean?" his friend replies, fiddling with the keys in the ignition nervously. Davey knew where this was going and he hates having this discussion as often as he does with Jack. It makes him sad because Davey has powers that could be used for a lot of different things. Davey can read people and their thoughts. He could be used in all kinds of fields with this talent. Davey is also a decent fighter even though he hates the violence of fighting. Unfortunately, he keeps coming closer and closer to shoving that dumb Oscar Delancey into a trash can for being a royal pain to all of the other boys in his friend groups. Jack normally does the heavy lifting when it comes to that but, Jack's pre-occupied with other things right now. 

"This whole...using your powers to become a hero. It's not that I don't want to be hero. I'm seen as a villain because I help the people who can't help themselves and everyone thinks that because I can't do that legally, I'm not a hero," Jack explains, "The school wants me to be some hero that can throw cars around and wear a fancy costume that advertises to the world that I'm a hero. But, I don't have those kinds of powers and I don't really want to wear that kind of costume. I wouldn't mind throwing around some cars to defend people some day but, no one would trust me even if I had the powers because they all think that I'm not a hero just because I help people out illegally." 

"Well, a hero to them is someone who does things by legal means," Davey reasons, trying not to irritate his friend. 

"I know, Dave. I know," Jack grumbles. Davey starts the car and drives Jack towards the tiny abandoned apartment that he calls home with Crutchie and a few other guys. His sister lives in an abandoned one right next door with the other girls who need a place to stay. "I'm just different, ya know?" 

"I know," Davey says with a smile, "I still have a feeling you might save the world someday." 

"Well, thanks for the confidence and you're crazy," Jack replies as Davey pulls up to the apartment, "Thanks for the lift!" 

"See you tomorrow," Davey calls out as he begins to drive towards a nicer part of town where he lives with his family. Jack pulls his key out of his pocket and walks towards the dilapidated building. He unlocks the door to see Crutchie treating some cuts on another boy. 

On Racetrack Higgins. 

"What happened, Racer?" Jack asks, rushing over to the other boy. Race winces as Crutchie applies some medication to clean the cuts out. 

"Crutchie..."Race cries out as the medication stings. Mush, Romeo, and Jojo enter the room to see what is going. Romeo starts staring into Race's eyes, using his charmspeak powers to sweet talk Race out of doing so much shouting and fighting Crutchie. 

"Racer...the less you fight, the less it hurts," Romeo tries, but Race has too much experience in fighting Romeo's charmspeak for it to actually work on him anymore. 

"Romeo, if you try to sweet talk me one more time, I'll..." Race starts to threaten but, Crutchie steps in the way. 

"Okay! Race, you're all patched up!! Look at how great that is!!" Crutchie says and Race leaps off the counter and towards Romeo with almost catlike grace. Race quickly shapeshifts into a cat when neither Crutchie or Jack is looking and bites Romeo's leg.