the cheerleading dance-off

ava

I was woken up by a huge thing squashing the life out of me, it was Luke. I'm 100% sure I look like a pancake from how much he weighs "Good you're awake you have 2 hours to get ready" luke said.

i got up took a nice long warm shower then wore a black skater skirt and a cheer shirt. and my air jordans 1. i walked to school with Dani and lea they were talking about something but i was zoned out, i was zoned out for pretty much the rest of the school day.

till lunch when holly the 'queen bee' walked up to me with her minions Lexi and Hannah "you should really watch your figure your sooo fat like i bet you can't even do a cartwheel " luke got really pissed at her then said" actually she's been doing cheer since she was 4 and now she's 16. i bet she could beat you any time of the day -"

i cut him off with a glare and he instantly regretted what he said. holly gave me a sickeningly sweet smile then said loud enough so everyone could hear "meet me at the football field in 15 mins with a routine for our cheerleading dance-off."

then she left i punched luke on the shoulder then left to practice with lea and Dani hot on my heels they know why i stopped doing cheer and they respect that I'm so lucky to have friends like that.

I practiced my routine till perfection which took 10 mins with lea and Dani's help. i walked to the field there was a huge crowd. holly saw me then smirked. walked to her then did cartwheel then said sarcastically "I soo can't do a cartwheel" "i bet you can't do a back handspring" she replied.

so i proved her wrong and did one then she said "i bet you can't do a back handspring into a half twisted backflip" i hesitated i haven't done that ever since my sisters' injury "you don't have to do it you know ava" Dani said knowingly holly smirked.

i gave Dani a half-hearted smile to show i was okay then i did it ... i think. the whole crowd cheered and whooped and stared at me in shock i smiled at holly then said "can you?" she huffed then said "OBVIOUSLY I CAN "

then she did one but slipped in mud because she was wearing heels "better luck next time," my brother said as him and mason stood next to me "seriously you two act like you're my bodyguards,"i said as holly scoffed. "hey maybe we should be... i mean it'll keep her out of trouble," mason said

i rolled my eyes "look here mason i will forever and always be stronger than you.I'm my own bodyguard also we didn't even do the dance-off " i said "i don't want to do a dance-off any more it's pointless" holly said " cause you know I'm going to win, " i said she glared at me then we had our dance-off

--------------------

after the music stopped we let the people decide who won and guess who won... i did. "ugh you only won cause lukes your brother. i hope you die just like your sister did when you were 7 " holly said.

i froze then narrowed my eyes at her then said In a low threatening voice "i swear if you talk about my family ever again I'll punch you so hard that even your great-grandchildren will be demented" "if she ever has any i mean with a face like that i don't think she will," lea said.

i know we sound really rude but holly has done and said things to us that have broken us down but we met each other then built ourselves back up stronger than before. coach Brenda walked up to us then said "ava that was quite a show you put join you should join cheer club no discussion meet me in the blue gym after school."

-------------------

what do you think ava and holly's history is?

hope you're enjoying my book so far

please tell me what you think of it