Chapter 8

Disclaimer: Miraculous Ladybug does not belong to me, nor do the characters except for OCs and plot. I don't own you either.
Thank you for all your support! Enjoy! This is not edited.

 "Moni!" 

(Y/n)'s voice chimed out feeling the small kwami leave her hiding spot. The butterfly miraculous around (Y/n)'s neck glowed, disappearing and appearing in Moni's grasp. Her amber eyes looked at her master's eyes with sadness but determination lighting up in them. 

The group below and chained up with the villian all watched the kwami flutter her wings over to Chat and held her miraculous to him. Everyone had worried glances. Not a word was said. 

(Y/n) bit her bottom lip as he looked over at the Culminator who had said nothing but watched. He seemed to be listening to someone, from whom she remembered was named Hawkmoth. She had learned from Chloe that he was after the miraculous to gain power, mainly the the ladybug and black cat miraculous. 

She let out a shaky breath has she felt herself relax. She couldn't quite hear but as she was trying to read the villains lips seeing them move. 
Chat watched the small kwami appear before him and han him her miraculous. Moni was who she was called and it all seemed to make sense from when he was at the performance. Shaking away his thoughts he held his hand out but with confusion coating his face. 

"I and Moni, the monarch kwami. Also known as the true butterfly kwami and the miraculous of change. I will lend you my power to save my master. But I cannot agree to be yours for I promised to keep her safe." Moni spoke softly as her voice sounded like little bells chiming. Chat simply smiled a charming smile before looking at (Y/n) and the others before nodding his head. 

"I also promise to return you safely. Tell me, what is your power?" He asked her as he took the necklace and placed it around his neck. 

"My power allows you to change the future in your favor, along with emotion and either change something bad into good." She explains briefly. "But it will only be a power that you can use once. So please use it wisely. As you already possess the black cat miraculous my power adds as a boost in power and time. As you use your cataclysm you have the chance to use it twice rather than once." 

Chat held his eyes open wide as he looked at the small kwami with amazement. "That's amazing!"

"Dodge!" Moni calls out as she flies in a separate direction asn Chat also did the same. Looking over at Culminator as he looks annoyed but held a big smile on his face. 

"Change of plans Chat Noir. Give me the butterfly miraculous and I'll let these guys go and leave you and Ladybug alone!" Culminator grins as he looked Moni who looked at her master in worry. 

"No way. I've made a promise just now." He darts his eyes to (Y/n) and then to Moni. "I plan to keep it." 

"Just say Let's fly!" Moni says as she avoids a chain being sent her way. 

"Moni! Let's Fly!"

Taking no time at all the small kwami flew into the necklace. Bright white shines the area causing everyone to turn away. 

Adrien felt himself become much lighter and feel like he could do absolutely anything. That first time finding Plagg, he was simply reliving that feeling. As the light surrounded Chat had softly dimmed into an orange and yellow light that covered his body. 

Chat noir's suit had changed into one that was still fully black, the edges of his suit gradients into an orange hue as monarch wing patterns ran through his arms. His shoulders and upper arm muscles were exposed. The mask he had had curved into butterfly wings of a swallowtail. His cat ears still on top of his head but his belt was no longer around his waist; rather it was on one side like a whip. The collar around his neck had risen up to cover the lower half of his face as the bell still sat in its original position.