.Ch 7.

Hey, puppies Enjoy! 😊
(I don't really know where I'm going with this but I have some ideas.)

Arthur Pov.

"Gaius," Arthur called.

"Yes, Sire?" Gaius turned over to face his king.

"Make sure Merlin doesn't do anything stupid. I know he has Magic but- I don't want him going to Morgana, not in this state." Arthur's sparkling blue eyes were glazed with worry. Arthur made it to his chambers and went to sleep awaiting the day ahead.
The sun rose as now it was morning. Arthur grabbed the map he had sketched out to Morgana's castle and stuffed it in his bag.

Arthur got George to pack the rest of his necessary belongings and to ready up the horses. He was angry oh how much he detested George's brass jokes. Arthur and the knights all got on their horses and rode off in the direction of Morgana's castle.

.Gaius Pov.

"Good Morning Merlin!" He grinned at the Bastet in front of him patting his head Merlin nudged the bowl of food.

Gaius chuckled. "Here ya go." He served Merlin some food and the Bastet ate it right up a smile evident on his face. Merlin licked the bowl clean and nodded a thank you returning to his room after all a Bastet can't just roam in broad daylight. Merlin plopped down on his bed curling onto his bed. A thought suddenly popped into his mind. Can I even do magic in this form? Merlin tried to make a fire it worked but only for a second, it seemed this weakened his magic by a lot he could hardly perform a simple spell. He sighed. Darn, guess that's expected me not being able to speak and all. Merlin shrugged. Merlin heard someone walk into the physician's chamber. Merlin didn't get out of his room to see who because he'd most definitely startle them.

He decided to overhear the conversation because he had nothing better to do maybe he could help with the diagnosis.
It was Gwen.

Gwen began to speak desperately "Gaius I couldn't sleep, knowing Arthur is going to face Morgana I can't bear to think what if something happens to him!" Gaius nodded and handed Gwenivere a sleeping drought she thanked him and left.

Arthur's facing Morgana?! What do I do? I can't just let him do it alone even if my magic is faulty I have to save him. Merlin quickly grabbed a sleeping potion just in case. Then Merlin began to open a window ready to sneak out but then Gaius walks in with something he didn't expect.

"Merlin you can't go I won't let you." Gaius's eyes became a bright gold and he muttered a weak spell that made Merlin dizzy it should've made him fall asleep but the spell was made for a human and he was a much larger creature. Merlin shook his head.

"I have to go I'm sorry Gaius but it's my duty to Arthur..." Merlin strained himself his head began to hurt like hell as his eyes turned a bright sparkling gold as he paralyzed Gaius for a brief moment long enough so he could fly out the window. Merlin returned to normal his head no longer hurt as he flew past the forest. Where to well Morgana's castle of course.

.Gaius Pov.

No! Merlin why can't you just ever listen to me! Gaius wanted to scream but nothing came out. He felt paralyzed trapped as Merlin flew away. The spell soon wore off and Gaius just sighed. Please stay safe Merlin, please...

.Merlin's Pov.

I feel sorry for what I have done to Gaius but it had to be done he would've never let me leave. Merlin kept telling himself as his wing flapped against the wind he was gaining on Arthur and the knights he watched them from above it was only noon but they were almost there.