03

"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them

"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them."

―Ernest Hemingway

Astoria was sure she was going to snap sooner rather than later.

It had only been a few minutes since herself, Bellamy and another boy— who went by Murphy—set out after Clarke and Wells. Her hands remained tightly tied together, and her wrists burned in pain from the tugs Bellamy had done on the rope. He and Murphy walked just in front of her, and Astoria's eyes were set on the older mans back. It wouldn't have been too bad, if not for the constant chatter coming from Murphy. Astoria hadn't met anyone who spoke as much as he seemed to, and most of the words that had left his mouth were directed her way. It seemed he was curious to find out just how far he would have to go for her to break.

She let out a huff of air when Bellamy tugged on her rope once more and sent her stumbling slightly, her lips turning down into a scowl. Once she regained her balance, she allowed her eyes to glance around the area. It had enough trees for her to find a place to hide, but first she would have to get away from them.

She waited until Bellamy had just opened his mouth, twirling her wrist to get a hold on her rope, before tugging as harshly as she could manage. She watched as Bellamy staggered backwards and scrunched up her face in anger before jumping to bring her boots into his back. She hit the dirt at the same time as he did, though she was prepared. She rolled over quickly, gathering her rope into her hands as she kicked out a leg to bring Murphy down as well. She brought her boot into his face, listening to his yelp before she was on her feet and running.

She nearly tripped, pulling the tied seatbelts close to her chest to stop it from happening again. She was in no way as fast as she could have been, her hunger and dehydration being of no help, but she was determined. Though, no matter how determined she was, nothing could have stopped Murphy from cutting her off.

He collided his body into hers, sending them both to the ground. This time, Astoria was not able to catch herself, and the younger boy managed to pin her down with his body on top of hers. She groaned, hissing through her teeth as she thrashed and he took her tied wrists into his hands.

"Joka," she spit between heavy breathes, bringing her forehead into his. It hurt, much more than she anticipated, but he was caught more off guard than she was. She shuffled, moving her legs to lock at the ankles behind his head. He was brought in closer to her, a gasp leaving his lips as his airway was cut off by her thighs. He grabbed her legs after a moment, trying desperately to force her away. But she had the upper hand now, and she didn't plan to stop until he was blue.

"I think you're forgetting who has the gun," a voice broke her away from her focus, though she kept her lock on Murphy tight. She breathed heavy, thinking over her options quickly. Then she was flipping them, situating herself so one knee was pushed into Murphys neck and the other was over his chest, keeping his hands down. Her own remained tied in front of her.