35• Trainer

Ameerah•••

"Faster!" I was out of breath feeling like my limbs were about to fall off, "Common A!" I stopped looking at Jessica trying to catch my breath, "You can't just stop."
"I never wanted to do this in the first place." I kicked the punching bag in the basement sitting on the cold concrete floor.

"I know this is hard and frustrating, but we need you to do this. If not for me do it for Mattia and Marcella." I looked at my bruised knuckles licking my bottom lip tasting blood from getting punched in the face.

I wiped my face feeling the chill of the cold floor cool off my hot body, "Fine water break." Was all she said walking to the mini fridge, I sat and stared at the wrapping around my hands.

"You gonna sit quiet the whole time?"
"How'd you do it Jess?" She sat across from me handing me a water bottle. "They threatened to hurt Jen, said they'd kill jack in front of me and make me watch them kill Jen. She was only 7 months, Jack came home bloody and on the brink of death. I felt so much anger in my body this sort of helped me let loose."

I sat quietly thinking, I imagined Grayson coming home being dragged by Ethan from not being able to walk himself. I thought of somebody hurting the twins, taking them from me. "We need you ready by Friday."
"That's in 4 days."

"I know, they didn't give us enough time."
"They?"
"Jack, Gray and E." I nodded my head chugging the water feeling the cold water cool off my body and soothe my throat. "How do they know I'm ready?"

"You go in a ring and fight, first is Amanda -shes easy- then me which should be fun. Then if you win you fight Grayson." I spit out my water making her scrunch up her face, "Gray?"

"He is the leader, I mean no one really wins against him oddly enough."
"That's why you don't like him? Cause you lost?"

"No it's just funny to see him annoyed," I laughed a little twirling around my water bottle, I closed it getting back up, "Actually we can continue tomorrow, you need some rest." I helped her up grabbing my water bottle from the floor.

"Babe you ready?" I looked up at the top of the stairs seeing Jack standing at the top of the stairs, "Yeah I'll meet up with you in a minute."

She pulled me to a corner looking back at the stairs, "You're a strong person A, just do me a favor tap into that anger for me." She winked running up the stairs to catch up to Jack, I stood in the basement messing around with the water bottle.

I decided to spend another couple of hours training, I felt my body get hot from the anger that was floating up into my system, I could feel my knuckles grow numb. I felt the room get hotter and threw one last punch breaking the chain that held the punching bag.

I stood catching my breath confused on how i was able to do that, I put my hand on the cold chain and swore I saw smoke from my hand. I took my hand away and looked back and saw nothing.

•••

"Ready?" Jessica asked tightening her ponytail, I clenched my fists making sure the wraps around it were tight and secured. "As I'll ever be." She smirked and threw the first punch, I wasn't ready but she says in certain times you're not always going to be ready.

I stumbled tasting blood from my lip, but she didn't stop there she tried throwing another. I caught her fist but she flipped my hand and threw me to the ground. "Common A, get out of your head. Stop thinking about it and just do it!" I closed my eyes breathing in deeply, we continued to fight and I continued to get my ass kicked.

Sometimes even literally, but the 5th punch in the mouth I stepped back and stopped, "You're not tapping into that anger."
"I know I just- I don't know how." I've done it before but I couldn't figure out how, she sighed stepping back and stumbling on the punching bag.

"Did you break that?"
"Yeah last night I'm not sure how though." She stared at the bag and looked back at me, she was quiet for the longest just staring at the bag. "You're too soft, you're afraid to hurt me. Just hit me Ameerah." She got closer to me throwing another punch, this time I blocked it and hit her in the mouth. She stumbled back touching it seeing blood, she had a sly smirk continuing.

We did this for 2 more days until I was ready in her mind, I started to feel this different type of fire in me that I've never felt before. I'm guessing Jess enjoyed it but now each session that was over I wasn't the only one bruised and bloody.

Now all that's left was my test, let's see how that goes.