22• Heartbeats

Ameerah•••

Monday morning 9:05 am, day of another doctors appointment, for the end of my first trimester which is in a couple of days.

I was growing no doubt, my belly wasn't too big I could hide it with some spanks, but it seemed as if it grew twice it's size each day.

I got up getting ready for the day, I was going to hear the heartbeat today, I was very excited to hear the growing bean inside my little belly.

Though thoughts of Saturday night kept popping in my head, he shouldn't have kissed me, it was weird. I was just so happy that Elise and Jessica walked to us before it got weird, for him of course.

I ate some breakfast having some tea and a prenatal vitamin. The appointment was at 11, I had plenty of time to kill. I decided to sit and watch TV for an hour before I left.

Thirty minutes past, and there's a knock at my door. I get up muting the show, I looked through the peep hole seeing Grayson standing there. My heart jumped seeing him in what felt like forever.

"What the hell are you doing here? And how the hell did you find me?" I honestly wanted to open my door and hug and kiss him, but looking at him I saw the lies and the manipulation he used.

"I really want to talk."
"At 10 am?" I crossed my arms watching him, why did he always have to look so hot all the damn time?

"Ameerah." He groaned, I sighed stepping aside letting him in. "Go ahead, talk."

"Im not gonna say sorry because, I know you don't want that." I nodded my head listening to him "Was this all a lie Grayson? When you told me you had feelings for me? When you told me that you needed me?" He stared into my eyes,

"None of that was a lie, before I really got into you I believed I needed everything and I couldn't find my stopping point. I was hungry for power and I didn't know how to stop." I watched him, after what went down I never knew if I could actually believe him. I stared to wonder if everything he said to me was a lie.

"I felt like I had enough when I got you, I felt like I didn't need anything more."
"You standing here telling me this isn't going to miraculously bring us back together." He clenched his jaw looking away from my eyes.

He was silent, as if he needed to think. "What- what about the baby?" I didn't want our child hating me for not knowing their father.

"I don't know Grayson." I muttered looking down my bare feet looked like it was sinking in the carpet floor, "What do I have to do to prove to you?" I bit my bottom lip, I had no right to not let our child not know their father, I wanted that for our kid, to have two loving parents.

"I have a doctor's appointment in thirty minutes, do you want to join?" His eyes lit up and he had a smile making his cute dimples pop out, "Yeah I would love to." I nodded my head grabbing my bag and phone, I slipped on my flats gesturing for him to follow me out the door.

--

"Nervous?" I turned to Grayson who looked like he was about to shit himself, "I've never felt this scared in my life." He chuckled, his laugh was so contagious I absentmindedly started to laugh with him.

"Ameerah Jenkins-Dolan?" My eyes shot up and I stood up with Grayson behind me, we walked inside and I sat right on the bed- like examing chair.

Grayson stood behind me, "The doctor should be here soon." The nurse smiled leaving the room, "Oh I forgot to tell you, we're gonna hear the heartbeat." I turned looking at Grayson

"We get to actually hear the baby?"
"That's the only reason I invited you." I winked, thedoctor walked in making me and Grayson turn our attention to her. "Ready?" She asked,

"As I'll ever be." I laid down lifting up my shirt so she can put the gel on, I flinched at it being so cold.

She roamed the monitor around looking for it and I stood looking at the monitor waiting and watching, then I heard it, it was beautiful almost.

Elise was right about finding another type of love, I started to cry hearing the heartbeat echo around the room. I reached for Grayson's hand, he held mine and I looked up at him.

It was as if it finally registered, we're having a fucking baby. "Oh wait." I turned to the doctor scared and confused "What's wrong?" I watched her go lower hearing another.

"Congratulations you're having twins."

__________

"I blame you for this." I glared at Grayson once we entered the restaurant, I started to feel hungry after the appointment and he offered to go out to eat. "How is this my fault?"
"Um you're a twin, this happened from your genetics." He laughed sitting across from me at the booth.

"Isn't your mom a twin?" I narrowed my eyes towards him, "I'm done with this conversation." He laughed shaking his head, "You're something else Angel." He stared at his menu, I don't even think he realized he called me that.

I didn't even realize how much I missed hearing him call me pet names.

_______

"This was fun." Grayson smiled, we stood at my door, I rocked on my heels trying to figure out what to say. "Do you want to um come back to the house? We could watch your favorite movie."

"I'm actually really tired." His face dropped and I wanted more time with him, I really missed him. "Oh ok." We stood in silence and I stared at the ground with a burning question.

"Did you sign the papers?" I asked looking up at him, he stared me in the eyes for a minute, "Do you want me to?" No. I didn't, it's just hard for me to know if I can still trust him.

"Did you sign the papers?" I asked again disregarding his question, He bit the inside of his cheek, shaking his head no. "I can't bring myself to." I didn't even sigh them, I just thought that if he gets it out the way, I could too.

"I'm changing Princess, Jess got me to stop smoking, I drink a lot less then usual." I looked into his eyes, he was trying, I could see how hard he was trying.

"It's the trust Grayson, I don't know if I can still trust you." The hurt in his eyes hurt me, I couldn't bare to see him like this.

"You can, I promise you, I'll do everything to show you." I was scared, this would be the second time I put my feelings on the line. I didn't know what to do, "I-I don't know Grayson."

He clenched his jaw, nodding his head. "I'll um see you another time." He gave me a small smile walking back to his car, I started to wonder if my decision making lately was the best thing for me.