Chapter 87

Han Mi froze as she felt the wine run down her hair and onto her clothes. Out of the corner of her eye she could still see Jimin smiling sickly at her, though his eyes were as cold and piercing as ever.

Han Mi shifted uncomfortably; her situation right was now was indeed quite awkward. She wore a short, sleeveless white dress, which was now stained with the scarlet color of the expensive wine. The now slightly see-through dress clung to her skin stickily, and she could taste the astringent flavour on her lips.

"You..." Han Mi shot a glare at Jimin, but she was so angry she couldn't find the words to say.

"You're still not leaving?" Jimin placed the wine glass down and raised an eyebrow at the pitiful looking woman.

Even though Han Mi was already shivering in anger, the thought of what Jimin could do to her made her too scared to react brashly. She bit her lip harshly and swallowed her words before turning her body to leave. 

She just noticed Y/N standing at the doorway, so she knew that she had just witnessed the embarrassing situation that just unfolded between her and Jimin.

She always felt herself to be a level higher than Y/N, but at this moment, knowing that Y/N had been watching her getting humiliated made her angrier than she already was.

Han Mi pushed passed Y/N harshly, flashing her a hateful glare as she made her way out of the room..
Y/N felt that it was ridiculous; she wanted to seduce Jimin and turned out to be unsuccessful, how could it be related to her?

"What are you doing by just standing over there? Are you not coming in?" Jimin spoke up, noticing Y/N standing by the door with a blank look on her face..

Y/N closed the door behind her and entered the room. She smiled: "Did I come too early and ruin your moment?"

Jimin undid his tie threw it to the sofa. "Why was she here? You think just anyone can come into my place as they liked?"

Since the beginning, he felt that there was something fishy about Han Mi, so seeing her here especially trying to trick him made him feel rather annoyed.

From the start, Y/N knew exactly that Han Mi was trying to throw herself at Jimin. She thought he would push her away at most; but what she didn't expect was that he would actually pour a glass of wine on her.

"She joined us for dinner and wanted to talk here, I couldn't just ask her to leave."

"You should just ask her to leave. I just wasted a good glass of expensive wine on her."

"..."

Y/N didn't feel like continuing a conversation that wasn't worth talking about. "I want to have a shower."

"Let's have one together." Jimin blurted out without thinking.

Y/N massaged her temple in frustration. "Park Jimin, if you're going to keep being like this, I will stay in a separate room far far away from you, seriously."

She knew she had to protect this child inside her. It was so difficult for her to finally become pregnant, and who knew what this beast of a man could do to her?

Jimin just sat on the sofa exasperatedly. "Then you can take a shower first, the floor inside is slippery. Be more careful."

"Okay." Y/N nodded, then took the pajamas and entered the bathroom.

Jimin leaned on the sofa with his eyes closed and listened to the faint sound of running water coming from the bathroom. He shook his head as he felt his mind wander and start to imagine some not very appropriate things.

Jimin opened his eyes and looked out the large window, observing the starry night sky. Why was it that tonight, everything felt so unbearable?

Because of Y/N's pregnancy, Grandma was not feeling so good that she was not home, so she called them and asked the couple if they can go back home as soon as possible.

Jimin knew that Grandma was worried, so he tried his best to finish his business quickly so he could bring Y/N and Joon Min back home.

Ultimately, they didn't stay for the week as planned. Within a few days Jimin had completed his work and the family rushed back. Grandma asked a driver to wait for their arrival at the airport.

On the way home, Jimin's phone kept ringing. He looked at the screen briefly but didn't answer the call.

Y/N knew it must be Seulgi's call.

She never asked Jimin about Seulgi's condition. After he told her that she was returning to America, Y/N didn't bother questioning him again.

Y/N also didn't know if during their trip to Jeju whether Seulgi was looked for him or not, because they never mentioned her name or anything related to her.

The phone kept on ringing, and Jimin eventually had enough. Grabbing his phone, he turned it off and tossed it into his bag. He turned to Y/N, but she didn't look at him and instead gazed out the window silently.

Grandma was in a particularly good mood thanks to the pregnancy news, and invited everyone to come have dinner together. Taemin was also present, of course, everyone was happy about the news, but Neon Yun didn't show any kind of expression.

Y/N always didn't understand this. Even though Neon Yun didn't like her, but how could she not have any feelings toward Joon Min; her grandson? After all, he still had the blood of the Park family in him.

It went without saying that her pregnancy is great hope for Joon Min's recovery. Although Neon Yun may not be happy for her, but how could she also not be happy for Joon Min?

————

Seulgi kept on calling Jimin persistently.

She didn't excessively disturb Jimin while he was in Jeju because she knew the more she chased him, it would have provoked and annoyed him.

But, Neon Yun found out that today he would be back so she passed the news to her. She called him desperately; no matter what, she couldn't go to America like this. She felt that she had to stay here.

If she really returned to America like this, she knew that all her years of efforts would be worthless.

Without a doubt, she knew she would definitely would lose him, and she couldn't accept this.

Jimin remained unbothered towards Seulgi's calls. Since he turned his phone off, Jimin had no desire to turn it back on knowing he would be bombarded with unwanted calls.

———-

🤩