"I wanted to chat with you about something that was brought to my attention," He took a slow breath and that made me nervous, "An Officer told me this morning you had nightmares again."

I look up to him questioningly, "Why did he tell you that?" I ask and I think he can tell that worries me because he rests a hand on my thigh.

The prince looked at me sincerely with his piercing green eyes, "I told the guard posted outside your room to alert me if anything happened." Thomas traced his hand slowly across my leg, watching me carefully.

"Really?" I say, kind of worried about if he found out what happened when the guard came in this morning.

That would be so awkward for everyone involved.
I didn't want to be reminded of the guard seeing me in my underwear. I felt exposed.

"Hey," The prince noticed my mood change and tried to catch my attention, "Is that not ok with you? I would want to know if you persistently felt unsafe here."

I shake my head, "It's fine, just.." I pause, unsure if I should tell him or not.

It seemed like the guard didn't tell him everything.
I was grateful for that.

The prince shook his head, "It's clearly not fine, somethings going on. What are you not telling me?" Thomas looked at me, turning his body to face me more and his brow crinkled with concern.

"It's..nothing." I say and duck my head, avoiding his gaze. Why was I such a bad liar? It showed on my face clearly.

I can tell Thomas is frustrated, but he just gently takes my hands in his.

"Bells." His thumbs stroke my hands gently.

"Did that guard tell you anything else that happened this morning?" I asked quietly, avoiding Thomas's eyes.

"No, why? Bells what's going on? What else happened?" He squeezed my hands gently and willed me to look up at him. He seemed really concerned now.

"I don't want to make things awkward."

"I just want you to be honest because it seems to be bothering you."

"He didn't do anything wrong."

"Explain it to me. Who did something wrong?"

I blush, "Well...me. I put him in that position."

Thomas is waiting expectantly for my answer.

"I..the guard came in when I woke up, from my nightmare. And uh, he saw me in my underwear. Because I, stupidly, fell on the floor."

"I-." The prince seemed at a loss for words.

"It was my doing. I should have been wearing more I suppose. I just didn't think anyone would come in. He was being very professional and left as soon as he knew I was alright."

"And it's making you feel uncomfortable?" He asks.

"Well- I." I pause, "No, it's okay."

"Which guard?" Thomas asks, quietly but firmly, looking at my hands in his.

"I..don't know." I lie, not wanting to have him interfere now I've said this, and my voice wavers slightly, so I don't think he believes me.

"What was his name Isabelle?"

I move away from him slightly, "Officer Helton." I whisper and Thomas stands up beside me.

I quickly add, "He didn't do anything wrong. He left straight away when he realised I only had a nightmare."

The prince nods, "Enjoy the rest of your day Miss Isabelle, I've got to go." Before walking off down the corridor.

✿✿✿