VII. Cheering Up the Sad Soul

Stay With Me

VII. Cheering Up the Sad Soul

======

just stop reading 

======

12:21 PM | June 29

"Is it the day?" I heard Oluo ask. I looked at him. What "day"?

"Yeah," Eld replied. I looked at Gunther with confusion.

"Captain's friends died today. They were on a mission together. He always takes off. He lets us all off, actually," Gunther says with a bit of sorrow.

"You should go to his house before he leaves. You can get to know Levi more," Eld suggested. I nodded with a smile. "I will. If he tells me to go, it's your fault." Eld and Gunther smirk. Oluo grabs my jacket from the hook and throws it to me. I catch it and put it on. In my pockets are my hat, gloves, and scarf. I put them on and then start to exit the office. "See ya," I say. I wave goodbye and make my way to Levi's.

12:32 PM

Knock knock knock. "Levi?" I call. Levi opens the door. He looks like he got no sleep last night. His fingers twitch a bit. His beautiful hair looks messy as hell. The clothes he wears tell everyone that he's crazy. I try to smile if it helps, but he just looks away.

"May I come in?" I ask awkwardly. Levi nods and closes the door behind me as I enter. "Petra, today isn't really the best-"

"I know," I interrupt. He widens his eyes. "The boys told me."

He scoffs. "Of course." He doesn't look at me once.

"Can you. . . I'm going to. . . Just. . . Sit here for a while. I'm going to fix myself up. I'm going somewhere today, but I'll bring you with me," Levi says coldly. It's as if his love for me was never there. He goes up the stairs and leaves me at the bottom. I walk into the living room and see some photo albums scattered around. There are a few photos on the coffee table. They show a younger Levi with a girl with red hair and pigtails and a tall, lean man with blonde hair. I look at a few of the albums and find the girl and man in all of them. Their names are Isabel Magnolia and Farlan Church. "They must be Levi's friends," I whisper to myself. I look through all of the albums while Levi is upstairs. In two of the photos I can see Levi with a faint smile. They must have been very special to him.

"Petra? Where did you go?" Levi asks. I can hear him coming down the stairs. "I'm in the living room," I answer back. Now, his steps are faster. I pick up a picture and point to Isabel and Farlan. Levi finally looks at me.

"Are these your friends?" I ask kindly. Levi sighs and nods, walking away to grab his car keys. "Come, Petra," he says. I walk to the front door and exit the house. He exits after me, making sure to lock the door. He makes his way to his car and starts it. I sit at the passenger seat. He backs out of his driveway and starts to drive. The way he's taking seems familiar. He was driving to the cemetery.

We arrive at Shiganshina Cemetery and exit the car. Levi walks to the gravestones without me. I catch up with him and he stares at the floor. At a certain point he stops staring at the floor and walking. I look at the graves that sit right in front of us.

Isabel Magnolia

Farlan Church

I see a tear fall from Levi's eye. "Levi. . .are you. . . ?" I ask. Levi looks up at the sky, making his face easier to see. His face still has no emotion, yet tears run down his face. "Levi, please talk to me," I plead. "This isn't like you."

"Please."

Levi kicks the dirt beneath his feet. "I made the wrong choice." I looked at Levi with a confused expression.

"They're dead because of me, Petra. Dead." Captain Levi Ackerman: The Emotionless Police Officer. He broke down. Look at him. You can see the tears. You can see his pain and sorrow.

"Don't say that, Levi. . ." I say to try to cheer him up. He falls to his knees, tears flowing down his face. He didn't look like he was sad. Take away the tears and you just have a man staring at two graves.

I kneel down next to him and rub his back. He looks at me and whispers, "Promise me you'll stay with me."

I widen my eyes and blush a bit. "O. . .Of course, Levi," I say.

Levi turns to me, cups my cheek, and kisses me. It's my first kiss. His lips are warm and surprisingly soft. I kiss him back and beg God for the moment to last forever. Sadly, it ended for what felt like too soon.

Levi broke away from me and rested his forehead on mine. He looked at me and smiled. I smiled back.

"I thought you wouldn't smile so that I'll be with you forever," I say.

Levi smiles even more and says, "I know you won't leave me no matter what happens."

My heart skips a beat. It's true. I love him too much.

I get up and brush the dirt off my coat and pants. Levi gets up as well and wipes the tears off his face. I open my purse and offer him a tissue. He takes it and cleans himself up.

"Are you a bit better now?" I ask softly. Levi nods and puts an arm around me. We walk back to the car and Levi drives us to his home. Once we get there, I try to tell Levi goodbye and drive myself back home. Levi takes my hand.

"Is it okay if you. . ." Levi starts. I look at him with a confused expression and wait for what seems like ages.

"Would you like to stay the night?" he asks. My face turns completely red. I look away and start to stutter and speak fast.

"Well... I-I would h-have to tell Father that I-I w-won't c-come home, r-right? It would be mean to make him worry... Heheh..."

I look back at Levi and he looks like he's about to smile. I smile for him and just waltz into his house. Before I do anything, I text Father and make sure he knows my whereabouts.

I look and see that Levi is under his covers waiting for me. I shyly get in with him. He puts his arms around me and whispers, "Good night, Petra."

"G-good n-night, Levi..." I say softly.

=======

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW