III. Dinner with the Squad

Stay With Me

III. Dinner with the Squad

===========

7:10 PM | May 20th

It's been over five weeks since I got that injury. For the past six days I've been in the office. Either taking care of paperwork, or making the squad some coffee.

Yesterday, the squad decided to go for dinner today at a Japanese restaurant to celebrate my recovery. I told them that it wasn't something to really celebrate since it was really minor. They wouldn't listen no matter what I said. Eld told me that the squad always celebrates a recovery, no matter how minor. He even told me that Oluo asked for dinner when he bit his tongue. I can imagine how pissed Captain would be.

Ring, ring, ring.

It was my phone. I was in a group message with the whole squad. Gunther was the first text.

I'm on my way to the restaraunt. I'll get all of us a table.

My phone rang again. This time, it was Captain who texted.

I'm already here.

I smiled. Captain is usually early for events, but this time he was extra early. Oluo texts us.

Captain is hungry. Don't piss him off.

I chuckle and my phone buzzes again. It's Levi.

Shut up, brat.

I decide to text.

I'm just getting ready. I'll be there in 20.

My phone buzzes yet again. This time it's Eld.

K. I'm on the road. See ya.

Captain send one last text.

You brats can shut up now.

I laugh and throw my phone onto my bed. I grab the clothes I picked and slip them on. I'm wearing a long sleeve white shirt with a caramel brown blouse over it and some white dress pants. I wear some black dress shoes and my favorite bracelet that is covered with blue and white feathers. You could say that they are shaped like wings. I put on a white headband and some silver stud earrings. I give Father a kiss on the cheek, grab my purse, and start the car. I back out of the driveway and drive to the resaurant.

7:33 PM | May 20th

I walk into the restaurant and look around for my squad. I finally see a familiar face wave at me. It's Eld. "Hey, Petra!" he greets. I smile and look for space to sit in the booth.

"There's one next to Captain Grumpy," Oluo teases. Levi glares at him and Oluo laughs. "You don't want me to fire you. Do you, brat?" Levi asks sternly. Oluo smirks, but puts his serious face back on.

I look at the space next to Levi. It's empty like Oluo said. I sit down next to him and put my purse on my lap. The waitress comes over to our table. She's wearing a red scarf along with her waiter outfit. She's that girl I met at the shooting. Once she sees me she deadpans, but tries to keep her smile on.

"I'm Mikasa. I'll be your server. Will any of you want any drinks?" Mikasa asks.

"I'll take some green tea. Everyone else will have water," Levi says quickly, his arms crossed. I don't mind drinking water so I don't complain. The rest of the squad seem used to having Captain boss them around so they just nod.

"Four waters and a hot green tea?" Mikasa asks to make sure.

All of us nod and she leaves without another word. I pick up the menu in front of me and look for something to eat. "The udon with shrimp tempura sounds good," I say to myself.