VIII. The Wedding

Stay With Me

VII. The Wedding

========

end my life

========

10:17 AM | July 1

"PETRA! LEVI!" Hanji yelled as she dragged Moblit, a young man in her squad, with her. I was sitting at my desk and Levi was standing over me, making sure I didn't make a ditzy mistake on the paperwork. The both of us turned our attention to the crazy woman.

"What?" Levi asked sternly.

I smiled and asked politely, "What is it, Hanji?"

Hanji put her arm around Moblit and smiled brightly. "We're engaged!" she said excitedly. My jaw dropped, yet I was sort of smiling. Moblit chuckled nervously and looked away.

"This is great! How long have you two been together, again?" I asked.

"A little after he joined the team. Right, Moblit?" Hanji said.

"We've been together for almost two years." Moblit's eyes came back to meet ours.

There was a short silence until Hanji opened her mouth once again.

"Shorty, aren't you happy for us? Or at least surprised?" she asked.

"I am happy, just not surprised. I knew it ever since you started acting so happy. Moblit has been less dorky, too," Levi answered.

"You've been engaged for a while?" I suddenly said.

"Yeah. We didn't want an engagement party. Only a wedding, which will be on the 28th of this month," Hanji said.

"Sorry if it was sudden. We didn't want to say anything until now," Moblit added.

"No worries. I'll just get eyebrows to set up some party," Levi said.

"Thanks! Speaking of Erwin, he wants you in his office," Hanji said.

"Alright then. Finish that up, Petra. Congratulations. I will see you all later." And with those words, Levi pecked me on the cheek and left to go to Erwin.

I picked up my papers and pencil and started to write again. Moblit said goodbye and went back to his work. Hanji stayed by me and sat on the side of my desk.

"Speaking of weddings," Hanji's mouth curled into a smile, "You should think of when he's going to ask you."

I laughed a bit. "It's been one and a half months. We won't get married yet."

"Yet, Petra. Yet," Hanji said in a creepy matter. I shook my head and went straight back to my work. Then, it hit me.

"Did you get a dress?" I asked, my eyes glued to my work.

"Now that you say, no. I haven't," she replied as she cleaned her glasses.

"Why don't we go shopping together for it? Not today, though. Maybe on the 10th? It's my day off."

Hanji smiled and clapped once. "It's mine, too! This is great. We meet at the plaza at nine o'clock?" four eyes asked.

I nodded in reply and let her skip away.

-

-

-
July 10 | 11:36 AM

"Petra!" I heard Hanji yell. I turned towards her and saw her running to me. "Hey! Are you excited?" I asked. Hanji nodded and took ahold of my hand.

Before she could drag me to a food stand, I pulled her towards the direction of a tailor.

We were in there for about an hour until we found the perfect dress. It was, of course, white and strapless. It was a simple dress, hugging her figure and bending outwards at the knees. There were no patterns, but she looked marvelous!

"Petra, what do you think?" Hanji asked, moving around to get a bit comfortable.

"You look great! I think this is the one!" I exclaimed. Hanji turned to the tailor and smiled.

"What do you think, sir?" she asked.

"You look great as your companion said. I would advise some jewelry since it's a simplistic dress."

"Then I guess we'll take it!" Hanji smiled and turned back to me. I clapped softly in excitement.

=======

theres literally no end to this chapter or this story you should probably leave now

========