seventeen

moira

it was the last game before the boys had off until the second.

and it was against the czech's.

adelina and i were running late, like normal.

"moira! did spencer take his jerseys back?" adelina called from the bathroom.

"yeah!" i called back.

he was kind of sad last night, as he had to get his jerseys back to bring them today.

"that's unfortunate! trevor gave me one of his old ones he brought!" she called, laughing a little bit.

i just laughed and rolled my eyes.

i was wearing one of spencers champion sweatshirts and high waisted jeans and some sneakers.

really wasn't feeling the whole paris thing today, so i went comfy.

well as comfy as you can be in jeans.

"are you ready to go?" she asked, coming out of the bathroom in trevors jersey, jeans, and some vans.

i nodded and she grabbed her purse, dragging me out the door with her.

"so i had this idea." i started and she hummed, "mhm."

"well, more like my mom had the idea. anyways, we should get an apartment together. just so we don't have to live with our parents anymore." i told her and her eyes lit up like she saw candy.

"that's a great idea! we can look at apartments when we get back to the city!" she squealed, giving me a hug and making me laugh.

we talked about where we wanted to look at and house ideas as we walked to the arena.

i was a coach and made a decent amount of money and adelina worked as a waitress at a fancy restaurant in downtown.

so we could afford something good enough for our living needs.

we showed the guards our passes and headed inside, sitting at our seats across from the american bench.

adelina saw trevor and gave him a wave while i saw spencer getting in the zone by the net.

he was starting, making me very nervous.

we watched as the game started, my nerves already feeling like they were going to shoot through the roof.

"i can't watch this, i'm going to go get some food or something." i tell adelina, who nods, completely entranced by the game.

i stand up and move past her to go up to the concession stands.

looking at the menu, i decide on popcorn and a water, then pay and wait for it.

"moira!" claire exclaimed, running up and giving me a hug.

"hey claire!" i laughed, hugging her back.

"hey moi." hannah said, also giving me a hug.

"hey hannah!" i grin and she gives me a small grin back.

we wait together for food, then claire runs ahead back to their seats while hannah stays back and talks to me.

"i'm sorry for how i acted when we first saw each other again moi." she told me, hanging her head.

"it's okay hannah, i would've reacted the same way if you had left without saying goodbye." i said making her laugh a little.

"that was pretty crappy of you. but that's not why i was mad." she told me and i looked at her with a questioning look.

"why?" i asked.

she took a deep breath, "because you broke my brother's heart. when he came back inside that night, he had tears streaming down his face, and his eyes didn't have that same light in them. he pretty much pushed all of us away for the first couple of months until he really got back into hockey. then, all he did was focus on hockey. he was never the same until this trip, seeing you. i was so mad at you for the longest time because you broke my brother's heart moi." she told me and tears came to my eyes and i gave her a big hug.

"i'm sorry hannah, i'm sorry you had to go through seeing your brother like that and i wish we hadn't left like that. i'm really really sorry and hope you can forgive me." i tell her and she nods.

"of course moi! seeing spence here these past few days, it's like he's the old spencer again and i didn't know how much i missed talking and seeing you until this week." she said, laughing a bit at the end.

"i missed you guys for such a long time, and when i went back home for the first time, you guys had moved and i wouldn't come out of the house for a week. too depressing seeing all the places we used to hang out and play." i told her, almost getting to the row adelina and i's seats were in.

"i know dude, that's part of the reason why we moved, so spencer could forget everything." she told me and i nodded.

"yeah, i get that now. i'll see you after the game?" i asked and she nodded, giving me a hug.

we went our separate ways and i ended up back at my seat just as one of the czech players made another goal on spencer.

i winced and adelina shook her head as czech fans around us jumped up and down.

the first period ended and adelina left, going for food and a little souvenir shopping while i stayed and took care of some work stuff on my phone.

one of my students landed her triple flip earlier and she sent me a video of it and her cheering with some girls after.

i laughed and responded to her, complimenting her on her form and air position, but also noting how it was a little bit under.

just as i hit send, two guys came up to me and one grinned. i resisted the urge to scoff.

"hello, you're gorgeous, can i get your number?" the grinning one asked, a canadian accent peaking through.

"tu veux mon numéro?" i asked in french, hoping to throw them off but the other one nodded.

"yes, he wants your number." he said and i laughed a little.

"mon copain est sur la glace en ce moment." i tell him, saying my boyfriend was on the ice right now.

the one who spoke french told the other one and he looked at me with wide eyes.

"is he czech?" he asked and i laughed.

"no, but he wouldn't hesitate to kick your ass." i tell him and his mouth falls open.

"you speak english!" he exclaimed, making me laugh harder.

"yeah, i just use french to throw off guys who want to hit on me." i say and he nods.

"fair enough. who's your boyfriend?" he asked, his friend ditching him.

"knight." i shrug and his mouth falls open and he grins.

"no freaking way!" he says, then runs off, probably back to his team.

i laugh as adelina comes back, holding pizza and a soda.

"who was that?" she asked, giggling a little.

"a canadian hockey player, hitting on me." i told her and she laughs.

"wait until spencer finds out." she tells me and i nod, laughing with her.

our laugher dies out as the second period starts up again.

spencer looked serious as everyone set up, ready for the puck to drop.

then it does.