six

"spence! moira's here!" his younger sister called, seeing me with tears running down my face, standing at her door.

she left once spencer showed up and as soon as i saw him, eyes glassy, my tears started again.

"spence." i say but break in the middle and he pulls me into a hug, letting me cry into him.

"spencer." i cry and he just hugs me even more.

"i know moira." he whispers as i cry. we just stay like that on his porch.

"i'm sorry spencer." i say,as i pull away.

"you have nothing to be sorry for moi." he says, wiping away my tears with his thumb.

"spence." i blubber and cry some more.

"moira, please just promise me." he says, his voice weak.

"anything spence."

"promise me, please promise me you wont forget me. not even when you're olympic champion of the world." spencer says, joking a little at the end.

"of course, as long as you promise me you won't forget me when you're a big time nhl player." i laugh, hugging him again.

"i love you moira williams."

"i love you more spencer knight."

we hug for what seems like eternity, but when he pulls away it feels like it was the first time we met.

"remember that summer we stayed out on the porch all night playing cards?" i ask, tears running down my face.

"or remember when you gave me that cold because you wanted to stay out on the pond more?" he laughed, his own tears falling.

"i wish we had more time." i tell him and he nods.

"we'll see each other again moi, then we'll have all the time in the world to make more memories." he said, pulling me in for one final hug.

"spencer knight." i say.

"moira williams." he copies.

"do not forget about me or i swear to god i will find you." i tell him and he chuckles.

"you're my best friend, how could i ever forget you?"