four

we pulled up to his house and we both get out, spencer abandoning his hockey stuff.

"spence, what are you doing?" i laugh as he takes my hand.

"come on, my dad said to never let a lady walk by herself to her door." he said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

i laugh as he pretends to be my date and walks me to my door, literally right next door.

"goodnight my fair lady." he says, kissing my hand when we get to my door.

"goodnight you kind sir." i giggle, and he pauses for a moment.

"i love you moi, i hope you know that." he says and gives me a hug.

"i love you so much spence." i mumble into his shoulder as he lets go.

"okay, i'll see you tomorrow?" he asks and i nod.

"later spence." i say and go inside.

i walk into my mom and dad sitting at the table, not talking, but eating dinner together.

"hey guys." i say and sit down across from my mom.

"hey moi, how was the game?" my dad asks and i shrug.

"spencer lost, but there were some good saves." i told them and my mom smiles.

"that's good."

"oh, coach riley offered me a spot on her coaching team since i'm out for a while. she'll pay me and everything." i tell them and my dad nods.

"great, does she want you there tomorrow morning?" he asked and i nodded.

"yeah, i hope you guys don't mind." i say, they both shook their heads.

"of course we don't mind honey, i think it's a great idea." my mom said, and my dad agrees.

"great! i'm going to go catch up on some school work." i say and my dad looks at me with a grin.

"moi, you're ahead of everyone." he laughed and i smiled.

i took online school to help free up space for skating.

i pushed away from the table and wobbled upstairs to my room.

my walls were decorated in medals and posters of skaters. originally grey, they were now multicolored with the ink of posters.

i went into my closet, changing from my jeans and jersey to leggings and one of the hoodies i stole from spencer a while ago.

just as i was settling in to do some homework, i could start to hear my parents arguing.

by ten, it was unbearable, their voices giving me a headache.

so i did what any teenager would do.

i snuck out.

i slid on a pair of sandals and walked out the front door, heading next door to spencer's house.

tapping on the door, his younger sister opened the door and let me in.

"spencers in his room." she said and went back to the kitchen where she was probably eating more food than she needed.

eh, i wasn't one to judge.

i walked up the stairs and passed his parents room, which was empty. they were probably working late again.

"spence?" i whispered, opening his door, to see him laying on his bed, listening to music and deep in thought.

"moi?" he asked when i opened the door and then shut it again.

"sorry it's late." i say and lay down next to him.