twelve

spencer

i watched from the bench the next game against germany, but i still managed to find moira, with my jersey on, sitting next to adelina.

trevor surprised me, giving adelina his jersey for her to wear.

i was proud of him, i didn't think he had the guts for that.

i watched as dustin stopped shot after shot, wincing when he let one in, but i was proud of him.

he was only three days older than i was, and he was a good goalie.

when the buzzer sounded, all of us raced out onto the ice and tackled dustin, overjoyed we had won.

i looked up and saw moira smiling, then adelina nudge her and point to me.

i blushed and looked away. alex and trevor saw this and nudged me. i rolled my eyes and watched in a blur as people got awarded and our flag was raised.

we were hurried off the ice and into the locker room, where a crowd of fans waited.

i saw moira and adelina hiding in the back and laughed, nudging trevor.

"adelina dragged moira down here?" trevor asked and i shrugged.

"i wouldn't doubt it." i told him and we walked in, getting undressed and showering before the fans were let in.

"moi!" i called when i saw her walk in, arm in arm with adelina.

she turned and smiled, dragging adelina over.

"hey spence. that was by far the best game i've ever seen you play." she joked, her chocolate colored eyes gleaming.

"you, my love, are so funny." i said, grinning when her cheeks flamed and she looked away.

she sat down next to me and adelina grinned, walking away to find probably trevor.

i grinned, leaning in to kiss her, then groaned when i heard the press come in.

"i hate the press." i said, hitting my head on her shoulder, making her laugh.

her laugh was the most beautiful thing i've ever heard. it was like sunshine on a rainy day, or when the moon glimmers on a calm lake. i could listen to it all day.

"spencer knight and moira williams?" i hear one of the reporters ask and i roll my eyes.

a flock of them come racing over to us and i shake my head.

"moira williams, now goes by moira lemieux. we're childhood best friends." i tell them a little harsh.

moira puts a hand on my arm and i calm down a little bit.

"he's been my best friend since we were eight." moira tells them and they start whispering among themselves.

"best friends turned lovers?" a woman asks and i look at moira, so strong and confident, looking absolutely gorgeous dealing with them.

she looks at me and grins.

"not right now." she tells them and they chatter, snapping a couple pictures before moving onto trevor and adelina.

"thanks moi." i say, then she gives me a hug. i inhale, taking in the scent of her. 

wow that sounds weird.

she smells like she did back in high school.

"spence." she wheezes and i laugh.

"sorry moi, sometimes i forget how much i squeeze you." i grin, letting go of her.

she just smiled and shook her head.

"you are probably the most strong and confident woman i know moi." i tell her, but she just laughs.

"but your mom exists." she protested, and i grabbed her hands.

"yes, but you also exist, and i know how strong my mom is, but there's no limit to your strength." i tell her and she blushes a lot.

"i love you spence, you know that?" she asked and i smiled, wrapping my arm around her. she laced her fingers in mine.

i felt back in high school again, the butterflies, the smiles, and her.

"i love you too moi." i reply and we sit like that, watching my teammates get interviewed by the media.

~~

moira couldn't ride the bus back with us so i sat on my phone, texting her instead.

"wow knight, you really are whipped for that girl." dustin grinned, leaning over my shoulder.

"she's not just any girl wolf." i say and he laughs.

"we've known that since the beginning. and by what happened in the locker room today, she's fallen hard for you too." dustin told me and i looked at him confused.

"what do you mean?" i asked.

"she's head over heels for you bro, she never checked out any other guy, her attention was focused on you." dustin said, grinning.

that made my heart swell, and i blushed.

"and the way she calmed you down after the press were being annoying. i've never seen you calm down that fast." he continued, "you should've seen the way she was looking at you dude."

and with that, he disappeared back to talk to some other guys.

i smiled the rest of the way back to the hotel.

"moira darling." i call, seeing her in the lobby. she was wearing my jersey and some skinny jeans, along with a pair of boots.

she looked gorgeous, as normal.

"spencer my love." she joked, falling into me, causing her to erupt in a fit of giggles.

"you love are the textbook definition of perfect." i say, kissing her cheek, making her laugh.

"that's what every girl wants, to be-" giggle. "-compared to a-" more giggles. "-textbook." she started another fit of quiet laughs.

"fine fine, how about, when i think of all things wonderful and gorgeous, you pop up. you even pop up when i'm not think of wonderful and gorgeous. you're just always on my mind darling." i tell her and she blushes, laughing softly.

"alright, that could work." she says, then her eyes light up.

"last one to the elevator has to tell adelina that trevor likes her." she laughs, then takes off to the elevators.

i laugh and manage to catch up to her in three steps and pick her up.

"spence! not fair!" she whined, giggling.

"you're the one trying to run in three inch boots." i laugh, setting her down.

as soon as i set her back down, she darts off towards the elevator and i laugh, watching her try to run.

she made it to the elevator and i laughed, walking over and pressing our floor number.

"well, i'm not telling adelina that trevor's in love with her."