Chapter 48

Third Person's POV

It's been five days since the sudden disappearance of the son of the Dennis and since then has been reported missing. His relatives, especially his parents, never stopped looking for him but still keep everything private as to not cause any ruckus. His friends, on the other hand, helped as well on the search and scatter to cover more grounds. People who were at the party were interviewed and investigated for any clues or disturbances that may help with the case.

"The police are doing their best on looking for him so you can rest assure sir."

That was all the chief of police could give to them as of the moment. With only a few clues and witnesses, there's nothing much they could do. The security cameras were already reviewed for any footage but for some reason the cameras were either disabled or corrupted, being empty handed as a result. The investigation of the missing footage is still ongoing and the chances of Jonathan being found decreased.

On the other hand, the husband, Evan Fong was handling it much worse. The night of Jon's disappearance is by far the worst thing in his entire existence. He didn't know what to do, that night as he listen to David's explanation he was motionless, he's not blinking nor he couldn't feel himself breathing, until he's running. He doesn't know where he's going, the only thing in his mind was to find his husband. He left the place without a word and look around the city but the sun was already peaking on the horizon and he's still unfortunate. He was walking wondrously for who knows how long in an unfamiliar alleyway when he lost all hope. He lean on the nearest wall and collapse, his knee no longer having any strength from the all-night walking and stayed on the same spot for who knows how long. He was only snap out of his dazed when a car engine was shut off and a door slamming shut quite harsh then footsteps were heard from a distance and his name was being called. The next thing he knew Brian was in front of him with a frightened expression while at the same time checking up on him. He can see Brian's mouth moving but for some reason he couldn't hear any audible words coming out of it. After some trials to get a response on him Brian gave up and just help him get up from the dirty ground. Once he's standing on both feet he look down and notice that he's missing a shoe. When did he lost his left one? He doesn't know nor does he care. It's his fault for not paying attention anyway.

Just like what he did to his husband.

He became the person to blame and the first one who blame him was himself. And then the next ones were Jonathan's parents.

"Why did you leave him alone?!"

Were the words mrs. Dennis spatted as soon as they met at the lobby of the Fong's company. He tried to come up with a response but before he could even think a fist already collided with his right cheek.

"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!"

Mr. Dennis yelled while trying to break free from the tight grip of two guards who's holding him back to prevent him from beating the heir.

With gritted teeth he glare at the younger who's only looking down on the tiled floor, not daring to make eye contact.

"We already gave you another chance and you wasted it!" Mr. Dennis kept spitting such blameful words to the son of the Fong while still holding an immeasurable anger in his eyes. Evan kept his mouth shut for the best and just take every hurtful words, he doesn't even know what to say anyway so what's the point?

Mr. Dennis pull back his arms from the guard and once he did he fix his vest and swipe back his hair. He tried to breathe a couple of times to calm himself before looking at the other, his gaze still having the same anger as before.

"If anything happens to my son, I'll make sure you will regret living the rest of your life."

Evan just sat on the cold tiled floor of their company while looking away with pain in his eyes.