'𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫'

Taehyung lets go, it doesn't sting as much anymore.

"T-Tae

He stutters, and god he sounds like an idiot.

"You're just like him." Taehyung says frustrated but not with anger. He says this with longing and fondness, Jeongguk gets more curious.

"Like who?"

"Like my Jeongguk."

And he was floored by such an honest answer. Jeongguk wanted to ask who, but instead he settles for a,

"Tell me more about him."

Taehyung hesitates for a moment but when he takes a deep breath he nods silently to agree. "But not here."

They were back at a bench overlooking the docks, the wind of the sea brought the smell of salt and a calm breeze.

And yet Jeongguk could only feel restless for Taehyung to speak.

"I've avoided this place," Taehyung voices out after a beat passes, looking at the boats departing.

"Busan reminded me of him too much,"

Jeongguk closes his eyes, hearing a faint ring in his ear. It echoes in his mind until Taehyung speaks again,

"Then I've met you in Finland," He shivers when he says this, Jeongguk doesn't know why. "I said, it must've been a coincidence."

Taehyung chuckles, "I mean, what are the odds of meeting you in a foreign land, right?"

"Right," Jeongguk murmurs, eyes flickering to the bell the ferry rings.

"But that's stupid," Taehyung spits out. "Fate knows exactly what it's doing." There's bitterness in his tone.

Jeongguk turns to look at Taehyung. He hears a faint ring in his head once more, an echo of name, a scream and a crythen....

Three words said in the darkest of nights, a secret they've kept.

("I love you")

"The truth is Jeongguk,"

But he's blocking out these words.

He's like gasping for air but at the same time breathing it in too. He chokes, throat clogging, and palms shaking.

He looks at Taehyung again, jolted at the present, and fuck, Jeongguk inches closer and throws his arms around the man who stills.

He's pretty sure Taehyung was saying something.

"It was my fault – hey, are you okay?"

But he's already so gone, and crying in Taehyung's neck. It's ugly sobs, and his grip was iron.

He's not letting him go after finding him.

Jeongguk swears.

"Jeongguk," He could already see the frown on Taehyung's face when he hears this. "Are you pitying me? I know the story is sad but —

"Oh, shut up." He mumbles pressing a kiss on Taehyung's exposed collarbones.

The man chokes, freezes then stares at Jeongguk once the man pulls away with red-rimmed teary eyes.

"Hi," Jeongguk laughs with a sob, wiping his tears.

Taehyung had a tear slowly fall down his cheek, and was quick to be followed by many after.

"Hi," Taehyung says tentatively that Jeongguk shakes his head, bringing a thumb to his cheek so that he could wipe away the tears.

Jeongguk, with his other hand, interlaced it with Taehyung's cold ones, barely shaking and yet scared nonetheless.

"Warrior Kim," He greets.

A twinkle in Jeongguk's eyes makes Taehyung break down. A sight to see – two men crying while laughing in disbelief.

"G-Gukie," Taehyung says in broken syllables.

"I'm sorry I took so long, I love you, I love you

Taehyung presses his lips against his. It was a mere peck but it was enough to shut Jeongguk up.

"I told you we'll meet again," His thumb circles Taehyung's palm while meeting his gaze. "I tried to find you, you know."

"I know." Taehyung whispers, letting his head drop to Jeongguk's shoulder who pulls him close by the waist.

He closes his eyes.

Fate knew what it was doing, and destiny was its right-hand man.

— 끝 ´ 𝚎𝚗𝚍.