'𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧'

"You don't get along with Min-hyung, don't you?" They were training, swords clashing, sweat dripping and conveniently, Jeongguk brings this up.

Taehyung blocks Jeongguk's strike, wipes his brow and asks, "What makes you say that?"

"I overheard the conversation, Taehyung." This would be the first time he'd ever uttered the other's name.

It sounded foreign to his ears yet comfortable on the tongue.

The other merely ducks and frowns, "How much did you hear of that, Jeoha?"

It was obvious Taehyung, was once again, annoyed. He was gritting his teeth and his attacks were getting more powerful than he intended.

Jeongguk brings their blades to his chest, "Not much," He deflects with the last ounce of his strength, pushing forward, "You have a sister?"

And before he could even register the clang his sword makes when it hits the floor, Taehyung was already up to his face, an indecipherable emotion on his face that makes his lips curl.

Jeongguk shrinks.

"I guess you could say we don't get along." Taehyung finally says.

He turns away, and backs up a step. Jeongguk lets out a breath.

"But who I am, or whatever affiliations I have with other people, is none of your business, Jeoha."

"It is," Even to Jeongguk's ears, it sounds snobbish, "I am your next king." He inwardly winces as he says this.

Taehyung look at him, a plead in his eyes when he softly says, "Please, just stay out of it."

He wants to protest, make Taehyung talk to him, but his mouth sews itself shut. He goes over to pick up his fallen sword. Wordlessly, he goes back to his room, with Taehyung behind him.