'𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧'

Secret nights spent in the prince's quarters were a risk for Taehyung to take. He couldn't remember a day when he was this reckless.

Secret looks shared by the two men were a risk for both of them to take, they weren't supposed to feel this way.

Their love - it's pure, it's heaven and Taehyung knows something like that was too good to last.

The night before this mess, before the kingdom is in chaos, they share their bared souls, they share sweet kisses whether be it trailing from the neck to below,or from his hips to his thighs. Jeongguk took care of him. He promised Taehyung that night he would.

That night, their eyes flutter shut together, He held Jeongguk by the waist and the younger trapped him by his leg draped over his body.

He had meant to leave early.

He really did.

But unfortunately luck runs out.

The moment Taehyung wakes up to cold sheets and the wind pushing the windows of the room open, it was then he knew something was wrong.

The first mistake? He went to find Jeongguk.

He walks into the front of the palace, head whipping around in worry, and eyes darting through every corner.

And then-

"Hyung," Taehyung breathes out as he comes face to face with a blade and his brother - the crowned prince of north.

𑁍

The first thing Jeongguk sees when he opens his eyes was a blade. He shifts his gaze from it to the one holding it.

It was a girl.

"Don't think of doing something stupid, or even attempt to get out of this." She seethes.

"I can easily knock off that spear of yours."

In hindsight, Jeongguk should've kept his mouth closed because she digs the blade closer to his forehead.

"Try me," Her eyes held a certain glint, from her nose to her mouth, they was covered by a thin blue cloth that matches her hanbok.

But she looks anything but soft.

"What do you want me to do?" Jeongguk finally sighs out, untangling himself from Taehyung and sits up properly.

"Come with me." She lifts the blade and he considers running but then she points the tip to the man beside him. "Any funny business and you know what happens."

Jeongguk has never nodded quicker than his entire life. The girl leads him to the back of the palace, directly behind his room.

After a few glances here and there, she pulls him to a dark corner, and lowers her spear. She pulls down the cloth and looked troubled.

A face he didn't expect someone would make if they were to kill him.

"Well?" He asked impatiently, "Aren't you going to kill me?"

She looks at him as if he had spoken another language, "Are you daft? Why would I kill you?" She says this disbelievingly.

Jeongguk furrows his eyebrows, "You tell me, I don't know. You were the one that led me here with a weapon."

"Don't you know who I am?" She sniffs, offended.