'𝒏𝒐𝒘'

He finds Taehyung by the beach, at the back of their house. Jeongguk, having successfully completed his 5 hour nap, trying to fight the jetlag, he decides to fuck it and just go outside.

"Why do you keep following me?" Taehyung speaks up just as the waves crash.

Jeongguk, beside him, snorts.

"You're the one following me. This is technically my home."

"Jimin's my cousin." Taehyung says, a hint of defiance in his tone.

Jeongguk looks at him incredulously, "Wait are you upset – about this?"

Taehyung shakes his head and offers no more words to say. Jeongguk takes a hint, taking another step forward towards the ocean until he's ankle deep into the water.

He's about to go in furthur but someone catches his wrist and yanks him backward.

"Don't," Taehyung croaks, "Aren't you scared?"

Jeongguk stares at him, puzzled, "But I can swim," He says this flatly, and for a moment doubts his ability.

He thinks again, and yeah he's pretty sure he can swim.

Taehyung stares at his hold, and reluctantly lets go.

"Oh."

Jeongguk gives him a look that demands an explanation but Taehyung's already looking away blubbering nonsense.

"Sorry – I just, the water's cold – I thought you would hate it –

"S'okay," He finds himself saying, turning back to the vast ocean and looks back again,

"Join me?"