(1) Sugar & Spice

Here I was sitting alone at this uppity bar waiting on Tae's late ass. He told me he was 10 minutes away almost 30 minutes ago, but that was my best friend for you.

"You still sitting here by yourself, love?" An older white man asked as he sat beside me.

"No she is not." A deep voice answered for me as a pair of arms wrapped around me.

"O-oh, I'm sorry. I-I didn't know." Tae and I burst into laughter as the old man scurried away, his face red as hell.

"Next time your ass needs to be on time." I rolled my eyes. "You know how many men then hit on me in this place."

"Probably all of 'em, my best friend a bad bitch." He smirked.

"Flattery will get you nowhere. What took you so long?"

I watched as he ordered a drink before looking at me. "I was in the shower when I said I was close."

"Tae, I'm gone beat yo ass." I tried to keep a straight face but I just ended up smiling, it's not like I expected him to be on time.

"I'm sorry dang but come on, what's the tea you had for me?"

Last night replayed in my head, I had called him here to tell him what happened and maybe get some advice. Tae was always there talking some sense into me and I could always count on him to keep shit real even if it was something I didn't want to hear.

I gave him the whole run through starting from the voicemail I left Jonathan, to the light and music playing, up to the naked bitch he was screwing.

"Do you know who she is?" Tae asked as I finished the story.

"Fuck no, if I did I'd be beating her ass right now." I was getting aggravated and angry all over again.

"You can't keep beating the bitches up when yo nigga the one screwing up, Ari."

He was right but I wasn't gonna let him know that I just stayed quiet as he continued to talk. "He knows it's easy to get you to forgive him because of y'all history, you need to show him that ain't always gone work."

"And how do you suggest I do that? I told you where I ended up last night." A small smile crept on my face as I replayed the apology head Jon blessed me with.

"Girl we going out, so bring yo raggedy head to the house so I can fix it." He looked me up and down before standing up, "Bring your fat ass, we need to get started asap."

Clubbing was the last thing on my mind but I wasn't going to turn down some fun and a slay by Tae. "Ok, okay I'm coming."

Tae and I went our separate ways once we made it outside. I climbed into my matte black G Wagon and tossed my purse over to the passenger seat. I started the car and On Chill started to play on satellite radio.

"We've been on a tragedy for months. Why can't you agree with me for once" I sang my heart out as I pulled out the parking space. I followed behind Tae as we drove home.

Tae and I have been the best of friends since before I could remember. He's my right-hand man. I don't make any moves unless he's going to be right beside me. Once Tae started doing hair and gaining clientele and my modeling career took off we moved in with each other. We couldn't picture ourselves living alone so it was only right to live with your best friend.

Once we finally made it home I parked in my normal spot in the driveway, right beside Tae's car.

Tae walked into the house and I trailed behind him. I walked into the kitchen, sitting my purse and keys down on the counter before grabbing a bottle of water out the fridge.