chapter 1 first sight

ruhina laura (pov)

standing in front of mirror seeing my reflection i see how matured i look today i am going to my cousins engagement party, when i was too engulfed in my thoughts of how i am looking my mom appeared from nowhere making me jump by her sudden appearance.

"mom you should atleast make some noise before terrifying me to death" i said to which my mom just chuckled.

mom is really beautiful with her beautiful black silky hair cascading down her shoulders till her back, she is short with fair complexion, her eyes are black and i must say she is one of a kind.

"you look beautiful" she complemented me.

i don't know what she saw beautiful in me,my friends are much more beautiful than me but for my mom i am more beautiful than them.i just let it go because for every mother their child is beautiful.

When i was done i went to my elder sister Mariana's room. She is all ready looking gorgeous as always.

"how am i looking?" she asked twirling herself.

"gorgeous" i replied.

"Lets go see if dad and Adin are ready or not" i said walking towards my brother's room,mom and Mariana on tow.

"hey bro! Wow! you cleaned up good man!" I exclaimed because seriously he was looking very handsome.

"i know" he replied with arrogance.

Rolling my eyes i thought why boys think that they are best??

When we reached the party upon entering all were staring at us as if we have grown two heads. I always stay by my mother's side because i am not used to be around people much.

"mom why are they staring at us like this??"i asked.

"because my girls are looking gorgeous" mom said to which i just rolled my eyes.

"Young lady, don't you dare roll your eyes at me"mom scolded feigning seriousness.

"yeah yeah" i said but there was teasing glint in her eyes, i smiled at her and shook my head in amusement.

suddenly my mom turned to me telling me to meet some woman i was confused but let it slide.

"hello dear myself is raina ambrose your mother's childhood bestfriend" she introduced herself.

"hello aunty myself ruhina laura nice to meet you" i greeted back.

"You look gorgeous and you have no idea how happy i am to finally meet you" she said enthusiastically.

after that we spent more than 3 hours there in the party chitchatting and having fun which was done mostly by my mother and sister but as for me i just sat with them making small conversations here and there. Most of the time it was raina aunty who was conversing with me.

Reaching home i was too tired, dad woke me up and it took my all strength to get in my room. Changing into my pajamas i threw myself on the bed and went into deep slumber.

i was dreaming about some locked store room when suddenly someone was knocking at my door fiercely i sat up straight.

"whose there and can you please stop knocking on my door" i shouted irritated with the continuous knocking and the fact that i slept just a wink doesn't help much.

"open the door now" mom's voice came muffled because of wooden, door rubbing my eyes i got up and opened the door.

"omg omg" mom was repeating again and again.

"what happened mom??" I asked annoyed.

my mom's face broke into a huge smile and the next sentence caught me off guard.

"You got a marriage proposal from raina aunty,her son is a strong business man you are very lucky...." she kept on ranting but i was too busy in thinking about this marriage proposal.

what should i do now should i marry or i shouldn't. my mind was debating when my mother's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

" so what do you think??" She asked.

"ah....whatever you think is good for me you can do mom" i replied smiling seeing my mom this happy because of me.

after some days there was a get together where i am going to meet my would-be-husband...

i got ready by six and took one glance at my reflection satisfied with my look i went out after meeting and greeting everyone mom said me to go out in the backyard and meet him.

i deliberately took slow steps and went to backyard there he was standing in his all glory my breath got quick and my heart was hammering in my chest....i can't t believe some one can be so handsome.

"hey...there you are" he spoke before i could say anything,though he was still facing left side

"hello" i greeted walking a little closer to him. I don't know what else to say so i just stood there staring at his sided face.

"so are you happy with our arrangement???" He spoke again. I was confused as how to answer that question,my eyebrows were scrunched togeather when he faced me and now i was able to face him fully and oh my lord! he is damn dead gorgeous again my breath quicken.

" i am happy" i answered he was staring at me with a poker face and the next sentence he said was enough to stop my breath.

"but i am not i want you to deny this proposal now itself" he stated.

i was beyond shocked and pissed how can he do that to me he just left me standing there. what to say inside,i kept on thinking after gathering much courage i decided to not let my family's happiness and reputation just get ruined like that with that in mind i went inside there was all my family and his family enjoying even he was there masking his face with a fake smile but only i know what is back of that mask, an unhappy man.

i went beside my mom and sat quitely smiling when i saw my father enjoying.

sometimes when i glance at his direction i see him looking at me telling me to deny but i turned my gaze to my mother silently avoiding him and i guess he got the hint that i am not going to do such thing.

" can i talk to ruhina in private??" he asked to no one in particular.

"Yeah sure" mom answered before i can so i just got up and walked past him towards backyard and heard there teasing voices while walking out.

after one whole miniute he came out standing behind me and again my breath quicken i dont understand why he has such an affect on me....