❃ 7 ❃

"What did my father want?" Questioned Sasuke as I was getting ready to go to bed.

"He just wanted to talk. Catch up and all,"
I lied as I draped the blankets over my body and turned my back towards him. Sasuke doesn't know about the whole deal that I made with Fugaku. Only a few people know about it and he was someone that was left in the dark about it.

"He's isn't one for small talk. He wouldn't call you over just to catch up. What did he really want?" He asked. He placed his arm on my shoulder and flipped me over to lay on my back.

'Oh you know, he just wants us to have a baby. Nothing big. I'm just trying to figure out how to get you from giving me pecks to having sex and planting your seed inside me.'

"Oh come on Sasuke, I'm his daughter-in-law. Can't we speak every once in awhile? I even speak with Mikoto every now and then."

"Fine. Which reminds me, since you were so busy 'catching up' my father forgot to inform you of a special dinner we will be having next month."

"Haha...what? Really?" The word special is what caught my attention and I was beginning to grow anxious.

"Yeah. I don't see the point of having a special dinner. Your birthday isn't until another three months." He flicked the light off and the room was enveloped in darkness. Sasuke shifted in the bed and turned his back towards me.

'Don't tell me he expects me to be pregnant by then? Is this his way of seeing if I'm truly going to keep my word and fulfill the condition?'

I stared at the pitch black ceiling as I contemplated asking something, but decided to go for it.

"Hey Sasuke..."

"Hm?"

"Would you...ever want a child?" It had gone silent and for a moment, I thought he had fallen asleep before he could answer my question.

"Yeah, but not anytime soon."

"Oh..." And I now realized that my task would pose to be even more difficult then I thought.

~Timeskip~

A month had gone by and the blonde haired man and I had gotten closer and I gradually opened up to him while he did too. He even accompanied me when I went to go visit my father at the hospital. I was thankful to have met him.

In the life of an arranged marriage, I was beginning to feel something real for a change. And i could tell that he was too. During that course of time, we had slowly fallen for each other. We never said those unspoken words, but we knew it was there.

I knew it was wrong of us since I was already married, but we just...had this connection. Something I didn't have with Sasuke. After spending everyday together for the past month, it was only natural that we would fall for each other.

Crazy how that didn't happen with Sasuke and I and we've been married for two whole years. Yet it happened with someone who've I've known for a shorter period of time.

Today was the day of the dinner and I didn't make much progress with Sasuke in terms of being intimate with him. I was very hesitant when it came to making the first move and I just couldn't go through with it.

I sighed as I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I kept my hair how I always did. By letting my long, wavy (h/c) hair cascade down to my waist. I applied very little makeup and my lips were tinted in a nude lip gloss. I wore a strapless white dress that hugged my waist but then loosely flowed to my knees and a pair of flats that were a nude color.

I walked out of the room and peeked over the railing that led downstairs. Everyone was dressed nicely and were talking amongst themselves while sipping on champagne. Fugaku invited so many Uchihas which was something I didn't expect. I thought it would be a nice dinner between the four of us, but no. My nerves began to skyrocket since everyone in this room wouldn't be hearing the news they were expecting.