❃ Epilogue 2: Naruto ❃

~Two Years Later~ (Age: 24)

The night was cold with the moon and stars illuminating the dark milky sky. My feet touched the soft sand I felt a cool soft breeze hit my face.

I smiled as I breathed in the scent of the ocean waves that were crashing against the sand and touched my feet.

It's been two years since I disappeared from here and the moment I stepped foot on this familiar sand, I was reminded of the events that had gone down leaving a sour and bittersweet taste in my mouth.

'I wonder how he's doing...' I pondered to myself and I felt a bit of regret for the choice I had made.

Maybe I should have accepted his request to start over together, but it was something I couldn't wholeheartedly think about after what I went through with Sasuke.

I gritted my teeth at the thought of that bastard and shook my head to rid myself of him.

He wasn't worth thinking about.

While I shook my head, I caught sight of a silhouette crouched on the sand.

One thing that was fairly noticeable about this person was their bright blonde hair under the moonlight. That blonde hair reminded me of him and I couldn't help but carefully tread on over to where this person was.

As I slowly approached this person, I could clearly see that it was a man who was on his knees with his body hunched over and his face was being shielded with his hands.

"I don't think I'll ever find you here again...should I just give up on you?" he hopelessly muttered to himself with a sniffle.

My heart slightly raced when I heard his voice and it was a voice that I recognized all too well because it was a voice that bright me comfort and one that I enjoyed listening to here at the beach.

'Was he... looking for me?'

"Are you okay?" I quietly asked and I saw the way his body flinched at the sound of my voice. His hands started to slowly move away from his face and my breath hitched when I saw him look over his shoulder with tears running down his cheeks.

"N-Naruto..."

"Now I'm just seeing her again... I must've really gone crazy for her at this point," he turned his head away from me and proceeded to cover his face with his hands with an ache in his heart.

"Naruto, you're not crazy," I placed my hand on his shoulder and he froze in place at the touch of my hand.

He didn't move for a solid minute which worried me until I called out his name again.

His left hand slid down his face and crawled to his shoulder where he placed his hand on top of mine. His hand rubbed against mine and he touched every inch of my hand until he turned around on his knees struck with realization.

"(Y-Y/n)?" he croaked out in a slight whisper. His glossy ocean blue eyes widened as his eyes were fixated on my (e/c) eyes until they darted left and right to examine my face.

He slowly lifted himself up with his trembling hands reaching out to me and cupping my face in disbelief.

"I'm not dreaming..." his lips trembled as he softly smiled at me with his hands roaming my face. His hands roamed down to my shoulders where he pulled me and wrapped his arms around me.

I was slightly surprised by the embrace, but I accepted his embrace with a sting in my eyes as I rested my chin on his shoulder.

"I... I've missed you," his whispered into the crook of my neck and I could feel my eyes tearing up at his confession and the recollection of our memories.

"I missed you too."

He tightened our embrace and muttered, "Why did you leave without saying anything?"

"I... I had to. I didn't want to stay here after what happened with Sasuke.... I wanted to get away from everything," my hands tightly clutched onto the back of his sweater and they balled into a fist as I unraveled the hatred that I had for Sasuke.

Naruto sensed that rage and hatred and rubbed my back and whispered, "It's okay, I understand. You don't have to say anything else."

My emotions and my body softened with his touch and we remained in each other's arms for minutes in a tranquil silence.

He slowly pulled away with his tears now dried up and said, "There's something I want to tell you again and I hope you'll accept my words."

"What is it?"

"I love you."

His words made my heart race and my breath got caught in my throat as an overwhelming warmth flooded my body at the fact that he never stopped loving me these past two years.

And neither did I.

"I feel the same way," I smiled. "My mind always made its way back to you."

A light blush appeared on his cheeks but nonetheless a bright smile appeared on his face and he stared at me with the utmost sincerity and love he could possibly have for me. He reached for my hand and intertwined our fingers together and planted a kiss on my hand.

"(Y/n), I promise to make you happy if you let me into your life again."

But... there was still something that he needed to know before getting himself involved with me.

"But... will you accept (D/n)...?" I meekly asked as I pulled out my phone and showed him my lock screen which was a picture of a one year old (D/n) with a bright smile on her face.

His breath got caught in his throat and I immediately assumed he would firmly deny accepting her, but he proved me wrong when he said, "How could I not? She's adorable just like you."

"R-Really?" I stared at him with wide eyes and he eagerly nodded his head making me let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you."

I grabbed his other hand and intertwined them together and as we softly gazed into each other's eyes, I felt safe and at peace.

"Will you do something crazy with me?" He asked out of the blue.

"Depends how crazy it is."

"Let's run away and start over together with (D/n). Just like I mentioned the first time."

My mouth slightly opened and I felt somewhat speechless, but a smile made its way to my lips and I nodded my head.

"I would like that."

~A Month Later~

Naruto and I eloped.

Our private ceremony ended and we sealed it off with a kiss with (D/n) smiling in my arms and placing her tiny hands on our faces.

"She wants a kiss too," chuckled Naruto who grabbed our daughter and held her up in the air and showered her forehead with kisses making her squirm and giggle.

I softly smiled at the scene before me and for once, I felt content with my life and the decision I had made.

Everything had fallen into place and I couldn't ask for more now that I have him by our side.

"Thank you," I smiled at him with glossy eyes. "I never thought I could dream of this happening."

"You deserve this and much more. I swear I'll make you the happiest," he earnestly said. "I just hope you won't regret this..."

"This is something I won't regret. Nor do I regret meeting you."

You are the reason why I came back

You are the reason why I can be this happy

You are and forever will be someone who I will love

I'm happy it ended with you and I