11: Guys & Cars (FINISHED)

11. Guys and Cars

Out of every car the guys owned, I believe that Levi's 1969 Camaro was my favorite out of the whole group. Especially now.

He had everything re-done to bring it back to style, the black leather seats went well with the original black color of the car, there was wood trim around the doors and the gear shift, the steering wheel was black to match the car, and the only thing I hated was you had to roll the windows down by hand.

Which is what I was trying to do at this exact moment.

I grunted as I finally got it rolled down all the way and turned to look at Levi "Dude, you seriously couldn't have gotten one with electric windows?" I asked, making him smirk.

"I didn't want power windows. I like it the old way," he said as he turned the corner to drive across the railroad tracks, and he shot me a smile: "You're the first girl to ride in my car, what do you think?"

I rolled my eyes "I think you are almost as bad as Heath. Everything on your mind is about girls" I said with honest truth, this just made Levi give me a look and shake his head.

"I was talking about the car, Kat. What do you think about my baby?" Oh, whoops.

I gave an embarrassed smile and shrugged "It sounds like a total badass. I'm happy you finally got her out of the shop, think you will let me drive sometime?" I asked with a sweet smile.

He huffed, "No way. I remember the stop sign you ran into," he said and patted the dash of the car "No way are you damaging her and putting her back in the shop."

I really wish people would give me a break, we know guys, I can't drive, I thought in annoyance as we drove through the main street. It was a eye-catcher, that was for sure, everyone turned their heads to see the car and it made Levi grin to know his car was being eyed and possibly even drooled over.

Who could blame them? The Camaro was awesome and the dude driving it was an eye-catcher as well.

I stopped myself right then and shook my head, no Katie, don't do this to yourself. Levi isn't interested (stupid contract) and you have a date with Adam next Saturday, think about Adam, maybe it won't be boring.

Like last night was.

Levi pulled into the Freezie Mate parking lot and we got out of the car, up at the counter we looked at the menu. His eyes scanned the menu before looking at me and saying, "Order, whatever you want, I'm buying," as he dragged his wallet out of his back pocket.

I smiled as I looked at the menu and ordered a Cotton Candy milkshake, Levi got a chocolate one and two small chili dogs for us, and we went and sat down at a picnic table under a blue umbrella, there were three teenage boys sitting behind Levi and they started whispering to each other.

"How do you feel, almost graduating and all?" He asked as he dug a plastic fork into his chili dog, he grinned, "About to leave us for Yale."

Ugh, graduation. I was so not ready for it, and not ready to leave Roman after summer ends, it was gonna kill me to leave him alone.

I shrugged, "In disbelief. I can't believe that I am going to the college of my dreams, you know, mine and Roman's dad went there. It's how he met our mom, honestly, I'm kind of scared to go," I told him as I took a sip of my milkshake.

Levi frowned, "Why? You will be leaving this town and experiencing college life, wild parties, and all of that," he said with a chuckle, making me roll my eyes, "At least, I think colleges like that party."