32. (BONUS CHAPTER) FIRST (Actual) DATE (FINISHED)

(HEY ALL! Ashie here, I have decided that in honor of me putting this story in the Watty Awards 2022 I will post two BONUS CHAPTERS of Katie and the boys. So, without any more ranting, here is Bonus Chapter Number One!)

BONUS CHAPTER: FIRST DATE. 

(Two Weeks After Being Ran Over By A Truck)

Was the fight between the guys worth it all? I mean, I know that they had made up and were back to being their old goofy selves. But something just told me that nothing would ever truly be the same as it was.

And being ran over by a truck, really made you feel like shit. Why didn't I look both ways before crossing the street that day? I was smart girl, I got in at Yale for crying out loud, yet I got ran over because I didn't look both ways before crossing the street. All because I was too worried about guys.

What the actual hell is wrong with me?

I shook my head as I looked in the mirror at myself, holding up a silver blouse to myself with my good right hand. Maybe this would look nice with those new skinny jeans I had just bought?

A knock sounded on my door over the Joan Jett music playing in my room, I turned around to find Roman running a hand through his hair looking at me with a sad glance.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I set the shirt down on the bed and grabbed a different one "Sad because your little sister is going out with your boyfriend?" It was teasing and probably a little too early to tease judging by the look on his face, but it was kind of funny to me.

He crossed his arms and put on a stern expression, "I was just making sure I didn't have to give you the birds and bees talk" he said as he looked around my room of stuffed animals and fake flowers.

I scoffed, "Please. Viv gave me that talk when I was thirteen so you wouldn't have to" I assured him as I studied the red tank top with Lita Ford's face on it.

He nodded his head, "Remind me to thank her for that" he said as he uncrossed his arms and sighed "I want you to be happy, Katie. But I don't want you to be broken either" he told me as he sat down on my bed, moving shirts out of his way.

I turned around and crossed my arms this time, "We have been through this. You know you can trust Levi, Roman" I said as I put the tank top down and went for a flannel button down that was black.

"Question is, do you?" he looked up at me with a questionable look "Relationships are more than just make out sessions, sex, and dates. They are about communication, trust, and loving someone so much they are the only person you want in life."

I just stared at him and blinked twice, "I trust Levi" I said with strength in my tone of voice, but part of me felt uncertain.

He half-smiled as he reached over and ruffled my hair, making me move away from him as I had just straightened it out. "Look at you. Growing up on me. Where is my little sister at and what have you done with her?"

"She's locked in the basement. You'll get her back someday" I joked with him, making him smile as he stood up from the bed and walked towards the door.

"And Roman?" I said, he turned around as I smiled at him "No wild parties while I'm gone."

He knew I didn't mean the date.

Roman laughed as he turned to leave, "When would I do that?" I shook my head and went back to work on finding a shirt. Maybe a black tank top with the flannel over it? Yeah, that would look nice.

I finished up getting ready and headed downstairs to see my brother talking with Julien who was kicked back on the couch watching one of the Thor movies. Roman looked up to see me and smiled as he watched me do a small twirl.