15: Heartbroken (FINISHED)

15. Heartbroken

So my first boyfriend was a dick, but not as bad as Adam. I mean, my first boyfriend just dumped me two days after we got together so he could be with one of the drama club girls. At least he didn't abandon me at the theater. And my brother's best friend is just an ass who punched a guy that I was on a date with.

Yeah, and threw me into his car.

When Levi got me home I stormed out of his car and into the house ignoring Roman and Jul, I went straight to my room and slammed my door behind me. I didn't really care what Levi told them, I just didn't want to talk to any of them right now.

I sat at my desk in my Tweety-bird pajamas with my arms crossed staring down at pictures I had dragged down off of my dresser mirror, they were mainly of Levi, in one of the photo's I had taken down I stabbed a letter opener I found in my desk through Levi's head.

Show up at my date and think you were gonna spy on me, huh? I thought as a knock came on my door.

I didn't say anything as the door opened and closed behind me, I looked up from the picture to find Roman looking over my shoulder, he whistled when he saw the picture.

"I would hate to be Levi right now."

No reply.

Roman looked around my room for a second before sighing "Katie-" I turned around and stood up before poking my finger into his chest.

"So help me God, if you take up for him Roman I will make it to where you can never have kids!" I said and threw my hands into the air "Levi had no right to follow me, he had no right to throw me over his shoulder-" no matter how much I enjoyed it "- and he had no right to throw me into his car."

Roman just stared down at me with a raised eyebrow "I think he had every right" I groaned and ran my hands down my face, Roman grabbed my shoulders and looked down at me sadly "Katie, it might be hard to understand now. But, he was looking out for you, I mean, the little bastard tried to kiss you right? Did he try anything else?"

"Of course, he would tell you," I said, annoyed, and glared up at him "But, yeah. He did and I put the popcorn bucket over his head."

He smirked "Well, I bet it will take a few days to wash off that butter smell ..Look, Katie, I see it like this. Levi saw you in trouble, so he jumped in and didn't think before he punched. If he hadn't jumped in to help, I would have jumped his ass," Roman explained as I rolled my eyes and pulled his hands off of my shoulders before stomping over to my bed and throwing the covers back.

"I can handle myself."

I got on my bed and laid on my side, with my back to Roman, I grabbed the stuffed Peanuts Gang Snoopy that Roman got me years ago and curled it into my chest. I felt the bed dip down behind me and a hand ran through my hair.

Roman was silent for a moment as he comforted me, then he opened his stupid mouth.

He's my brother, I'm allowed to think these things.

"I know you can. I just ..don't want you to get hurt by anyone. I am always going to be here whether you want me or not, through thick and thin, remember? It was our promise since we were younger. And now, my friends have promised to be there and Levi proved that tonight." I sniffed and ran a hand over my left eye before a tear could escape "Kate?" He asked in a whisper.

I wasn't listening to Roman, my thoughts were elsewhere.

He left me. The Hot Pack was right, I was just going to turn into one of the girls he screwed and dumped. I thought he had asked me out to get to know me, apparently, I was wrong. I was wrong and I don't want to admit it.

"Katie? What's wrong?"

I didn't turn around to look at my brother as I said simply: "I think the realization just hit that ..he dumped me."

With that said, the tears came.

Roman hesitated, unsure of what to do, then he laid down and wrapped his arms around his little sister. I finally turned around and buried my head in my brother's Georgia Basketball shirt he was wearing.

I cried and Roman comforted me. At that moment I wish I had my parents. I wish I had a mom to talk with about the situation and a father to put my head onto his shoulder and cry as he talked about wanting to hurt the boy for hurting his daughter.

But Roman was as close as I was going to get and I appreciated it.

He sighed as he rubbed my shoulder and frowned down at me. "I'm sorry, Katie."

"The worst thing about it? I didn't really like him. I just dated him to be..out. To just date someone."

"But it still hurts," he said, pulling my hair away from me and moving hair from my face, and giving a sympathetic smile, "What do you want me to do? Kick his ass? Tell his parents? Throw eggs at his car?"

It almost made me laugh but I did give a small smile "No. I don't need you in trouble" I told his dumbass and frowned as I put my head on his shoulder "Rome?"

"What?"

"Remember when I was a kid? And you would stay in my room till I fell asleep?" He nodded his head slowly, I closed my eyes "Will you do that tonight? For me?" I asked quietly.

I could feel his smile "Anything for you, baby bear" he whispered as he kissed my head.

I don't know what it was, but having my brother there to comfort me really just ..made me smile. And it made me feel safe.

It made me realize that I love my brother more than anything or anyone.

(I loved writing that Brother/Sister moment -TBK)

*EDITED ON JULY 16th 2022*