Epilogue

"This is not my punishment,
This is my catalyst for growth,
I know I will survive this,
I'll be the strongest person I know."

....

They had me this time.

Even on the way to the facility I was handcuffed to the stretcher. I don't even know if they undid the cuff while I was unconscious.
When I woke up both wrists were secured beside me and I was in a small room alone.
There was nothing on the white walls; a tall, slim window was on the far side and the door looked heavy. There was a small window in the door, about as high as Adora's head would have been.
I screamed and thrashed, ignoring the pain in my stomach from Adora's stab.

It was a few minutes of throwing my fit before the door opened.
"Settle down, Martina." The voice was oily and I glared towards the white-cloaked doctor.
"Where the hell am I?" I barked.
"City women's prison, hospital ward."
"Prison? You can't keep me here! I'm seventeen!"
"We have parental consent."
"What?" The anger dissipated and I let my limbs fall on the bed.
"You murdered three people, tried to murder more. Including your own family members."
I let go of a slow breath and clenched my teeth. My parents had left me here; they'd abandoned me.
I screwed my face up tightly to betrayal.
"You'll be here until you recover, then we might transfer you to a cell. Your parent's are looking for a lawyer, but considering the damage you did..."
"Fuck off." I said through clenched teeth.
"As you wish." Like that I was alone again.

The damage I did?
What about Will's damage to me? What he'd done to all my relationships!
What about the damage Gus had done to Adora before I came along?
Anger started to swell inside me again and I dug my fingers into my palms.
My eyes burned as I squeezed them shut.

I screamed and thrashed again, feeling the bindings rub against my wrists and ankles. I could feel that they were soft; I had a vision of myself from the ceiling.
Looking down on me I was in a white gown, the straps were padded so I couldn't hurt myself.
It wasn't me that I wanted to hurt though.
If I ever got out of here, Hell would be a dream destination.

_______

HAPPY NEW YEARS READERS!

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE JOURNEY!!!