Xxx. Can I Undo Things?

He sat on the dining area alone and had his daily morning newspaper browsing. He saw a column containing David and Leni's plans on adopting a baby boy. "Mag-aampon pala ng anak sila ma'am?" Sara spoke behind him.

He laughed upon realizing his daughter was secretly reading what he was reading. "Giatay," he chuckled.

"Cute yung baby ah." He caressed the image of the baby on the newspaper with his thumb and imagined how happy he was if he was the one who had a child with her. "Oo nga, pa. Kamuka mo." Baste teased, "di mo ba anak yan kay ma'am Leni?"

Digong's eyebrows furrowed, his kids were all home and they are making fun of him early in the morning. "Ang aga ninyo mang-ano," he playfully slammed his son's arm.

"Akala namin na-anakan mo rin si ma'am Leni. May bago nanaman kaming kapatid. Buti nalang nung pagbasa ko ampon pala nila ni Ayala." Sara remarked, Pulong snorted.

"Eh ganyan. Nag-ampon sila. Ikakasal na rin sila 'di ba?" He replied. "Wala pang date. Mabalita man yan if may date na sila. Nasa dyaryo naman yang dalawang yan lagi." She retorted.

Digong smiled faintly as he gazed at the image of the baby on the newspaper. He would fight so hard for Leni, try to stay close to her if he can but upon seeing the child, he thought it would be very selfish already for him to continue seeing her. He wouldn't want the child to grow with a broken family.

Dapat ko na talaga itigil lahat nang nararamdaman ko kay Leni. It should be done. Kawawa ang bata. He deserves a happy family and a loving mother like Leni. He told himself.

Lalayo na ako.

Leni tried contacting Digong weeks after she finally saw her son with him but he no longer pick up her calls or reply to her messages. She wondered if he was mad about her adopting a child with David. She wanted to tell him about their son so he won't be mad at her anymore but she can't. It would put her son into danger.

She suddenly recalled the days when he was still the president. He always keep secrets from her. She told him hurtful words that made him feel bad, she always saw him as a selfish man during those days but now she understand that sometimes in order to protect something so precious, you have to do a little sacrifice.

Digong didn't care if he looked evil or bad before as long as he can protect her, he will do it. It was something she never understood before but now she do. She sighed upon reminiscing the days.

"Alam mo, ang selfish selfish mo. Lagi mong inuuna yang pamumulitika mo. Kung ano yung makakabuti para lang sa'yo. Paano naman ako?" She blamed him for her misfortunes. He just bowed his head and remained silent. "Palibhasa hindi naman ikaw yung naaapektuhan sa mga issue na 'to. Ako yung pinagtatawanan hindi ikaw. Ikaw pacool cool lang." She vented out.

Little did she know that one reason why he pulled her out of the ICAD agency before was because he ordered Lorenzana to secure her and report to him all the threats she will receive and block her from knowing about it. He didn't want to scare her or stress her out with those risks.

Lorenzana and the military worked in discreet to gather the threats for her and plotted a plan to secure her up. Digong was the one who receives the daily death threats, taunts and risky deals thrown at her while she remains clueless. He was the one stressed out after learning about all of it. He secretly ordered the raise of budget for her security without her knowing about it and everyday, he thinks of a remedy to such conflicts until he decided it was best to remove her out of the agency before his enemies hit him through her.

He didn't care if he would look inconsiderate and a loser for as long as it will protect Leni, he's gonna do it.

Everyday in the cabinet, he hears the murmurs of the other members. He act oblivious but he was really aware of everything. Most of them didn't like Leni at all. Not because she was from the Liberal Party and the opposite side but because they were jealous of her.