Iii. Blooming

She felt more alive than ever. She was so inspired, she was always at bliss that her employees noticed how positive her aura brings to the office.

She would always check on her phone waiting for his messages and he never fails to meet her expectation. He even became sweeter sending her flowers with a code name so that her office wouldn't know it was from him.

"Ma'am," he secretary entered after knocking. "Flowers po from Dubredo Soldiers po." She handed it to her.

Leni checked on the card and knew it wasn't actually from the Dubredo. It was from Digong hiding behind the Duterte-Robredo supporters' name to conceal his identity in her office.

Hope you like it mam. She received his text message.

She chuckled and replied, "thank you. I like it sir pero Dubredo Army sila not Dubredo Soldiers 😇"

Their blooming relationship made them feel like they were high school teens again. Little things make them blush, a simple effort lasts the whole day.

Every time Leni recalls that sentimental night they spent together, she just couldn't help but get butterflies on her stomach like it was her first time. She didn't have a single regret in giving herself to him and in his part, he exerted more effort to make her feel that he's even more interested to her despite that she already gave him a big part of her.

Delfin entered his office to discuss a report regarding Leni's security. "Mukang nagkakamabutihan kayo ni Leni ha?" He remarked after catching him smiling at his phone. "How did you know?" Digong gushed.

"Pangiti ngiti ka sa cellphone mo. Nung isang araw nandito siya 'di ba?" He quizzed. Digong just smiled. Delfin had an idea of what happened after he spoke to Bong and heard that Leni left the palace five in the morning already that day.

He proceeded updating him about the security measures and plans for him and Leni individually, their families and offices before he announce his war against the narcopoliticans and drug lords.

Delfin was assigned by Digong to take over the planning of security measures and designations before they declare a war against a certain society. The NPAs, the terrorists, , the propagandists, the left, the narcopoliticians and the drug lords. He frequently reports to his office to update him of the issues and risks they anticipate and be wary of.

Everything between Leni and Digong continued blooming, their relationship nurtured in time. They both compromised to squeeze in some time for each other in their busy schedules. They used their resources and privileges to keep their dates and meetings private and all discreet, away from controversies and the eyes of the public.

They shared so many moments and memories together but they never really talked about their status. They were both faithful to each other, they go out on dates, they hug and kiss each other, they share secrets to one another like a typical couple in love despite that they haven't spoke about their real status yet. They were the type of couple who were more of actions than words.

Their busy schedules would sometime prohibit them from seeing each other for a long time. The last time she saw him was almost three weeks ago however, she was schedule to meet him again for a private meeting tomorrow evening for her office report submission and a dinner with him. She couldn't contain her excitement, she dialed his number hoping he would pick up and she won't interrupt her meetings.

"Hello?" He picked up. Her heart skipped a beat upon hearing his voice.
"Hello, mister president." She replied. A smile grew on his lips upon hearing her in line.
"Okay lang bang tumawag ako? Wala kang meeting?" She asked. Luckily, he was just having his lunch when she called. "No, kumakain kami dito sa palace. I'm with Delfin tsaka si Bong." He informed, "ikaw? Kumain ka na?"

She simpered, "oo. Katatapos ko lang maglunch."

He nodded, Bong and Delfin looked at him as he spoke over the phone.

"Sandali," he turned the phone on loudspeaker because he was eating his lunch with his bare hands, "bakit ka biglang napatawag mam?" He asked. She sounded so dreamy, "wala naman, meron lang nakakamiss." She implied.

Digong blushed and looked at Delfin and Bong's reaction. He didn't expect her to call just to let him know she misses him. "Sino man yang nakakamiss?" He asked.

Bong and Delfin silently chortles in the background. "Sino kaya?" She retorted.

"Miss ka na nang kausap mo ma'am Leni." Bong teased. Leni heard him in the back, she blushed. "Giatay, kumain ka diyan." He laughed and playfully cursed him.

"Ang gulo nitong mga gagong 'to, sorry. Nang-aano," he apologized but she wasn't even complaining. "Okay lang," she laughed, "namiss ko rin naman yung boss nila." She flirted.

Delfin pursed his lips trying not to laugh.

Digong's eyes could barely be seen, "namiss ka rin daw ng boss nila ma'am." He reciprocated.

"Hmmmp!" She intone. Her secretary knocked on her door and signaled her of her next meeting in five minutes.

"Osige na, gusto lang talaga kita guluhin sandali. May meeting na rin ako." She replied, he nodded, "see you tomorrow, babe." She followed.

Bong and Delfin gasped in surprise. Digong's eyes widened, "mam, mam sandali." He sputtered. "Mm?" She responded.

"Babe?" He needed to know if he heard it right. She intended to surprise him that way, she beamed.

"Opo, babe. Sabi ko bukas nalang kase may meeting na ako ngayon." She reiterated. His chest tightened as if he was being choked.

For God's sake, his lady just called him babe.

"Ah, sige," he breathed in first, "babe." He uttered for the first time.

"Sige na po." She made a kiss sound before hanging up.

They were all left speechless when she dropped the line. Digong couldn't believe he has an official name of endearment with Leni now.

"Ayos tayo sa babe, mayor." Bong chuckled, "ang lakas maka ano ng babe. Ano nga yon? Millenial ba yan?" Delfin contributed making Digong's face turn red as it sank to him that he's now obliged to call Leni his babe.

In time, they got used to using their names of endearment to each other but Leni was very careful of it. Digong was quite mischievous, he would sometimes forget that he cannot call her that way in public.

"Ano ka man babe," he faltered upon realizing they were on public. Leni's eyes widened in shock, "bey, bays vice president, mam, ano ka man." He corrected hoping nobody heard it well.

He shook her hands after the ceremony and tried to shrug off the mistake he had for accidentally calling her babe in public. "Thank you sir." She replied and looked at him with a stare implying something.

He checked on his phone as soon as he entered his van.

"Later nalang, babe. 💋"

She messaged him and patched up his pining later that evening.

A/N: Heyuu guys! Next update will be on Sunday! Please keep sharing our story!! Xo