Xxi. A Night of Surprises

A/N: Happy 1k reads! Thank you for the support. Please continue voting, commenting and sharing!

The program began, opening speeches and interims went smoothly until the final awarding ceremony. The organizers awarded outstanding businesses, businessmen and personalities in recognition to their efforts in keeping their businesses with hearts for the people.

Various construction firms were awarded for sending assistance and collaborating with the government in building evacuation centers and rebuilding damaged properties. Mall owners were awarded for providing retail access to the people and security to its consumers.

Leni stood at the podium to award the Ayala Corporation.

"Most Outstanding Real Estate and Land Company, Ayala Corporation." She announced. The people applauded.

"Under Ayala Corporation are Ayala Land Incorporated, Alveo Land, Avida Land, Amaia Land, Bellavita, Portico Land Corporation and Roxas Land Corporation." She introduced as David went up the stage in behalf of the Ayala Corporation.

"Mr. David Ayala is here for the award." She followed and clapped along with the audience.

The organizers shook his hand and handed him the award. He stood in front of the microphone stand for his speech.

Digong gave a fee bucks to Silver so he can safely head home. He thanked him for his full assistance in making him look all good. He finally arrived at the venue. He left the bouquet at his car and only brought the Cartier necklace with him. He stood near the fire exit not wanting to get so much attention upon his arrival. His eyes wandered looking for Leni and saw her at the stage in a beautiful red gown.

His heart raced, his eyes glistened, his knees felt weak. He couldn't help but be mesmerized by her beauty. It made him more excited to finally ask her to be his girlfriend. He was slightly nervous of her reaction to his well styled look. He really exerted time and much effort for it, he wanted her to be proud of him and find him worthy and attractive enough to be his boyfriend.

He took a piece of tissue paper and wrote something before putting it inside the jewelry box he carried with him. He exhaled and told himself he has to just wait now for the program to end so he can ask her the most awaited question of their lives.

He was so stunned by his lady's beauty that he didn't even care if David Ayala was speaking on the same stage. The lights were bright that it didn't allow Leni to see Digong. She was focused in listening to David's speech and maintaining her elegance and regal posture.

"Of course, I would like to thank everyone behind this success. My brother Jaime, our partners, the government and of course my very own motivators, Nagaoeños." He continued and finally decided to do a share.

"If you guys didn't know this day is very special to me," he began, the people started to engage and listened to him carefully, "this is the same exact day about eight years ago that I met one of the most wonderful Bicolana I know," he turned to Leni hinting who he was referring to.

The crowd began to applaud and cheer for them. Digong started to feel uncomfortable watching another man profess his feelings to his lady.

"Mar introduced Leni to me." He spilled drawing more cheers from the audience.

"Dave," Leni smiled uncomfortably at him not wanting to be very much of a highlight that evening.

He extended his arm and reached for her hand making her stand beside him. "Aside from recalling that and having this award, I want this day to be extra special not just to me but to everyone here tonight," he teased.