Xvi. Pinky Promise

It bothered Digong again to discover that Leni lied to him. She wasn't on her way to Naga when they spoke over the phone. Aika, who's currently in Naga and on her way to Manila, informed him that her mom was in their QC condo and not in Naga.

However, he thought it was necessary for him to talk to her about it because he wanted to stop the lies and he wanted to develop an honest relationship with her. He paid a surprise visit at her place and brought some Jollibee breakfast for them to eat.

"Digong." She uttered in surprise upon opening the door for him. He was in full navy blue suit. "Jollibee breakfast delivery!" He chorused.

She allowed him in but it bothered her to have him around after telling him she was on her way to Naga last night. "Pupunta si Aika ngayon dito." She informed him as they prepared the dining table for breakfast.

"Nabanggit nga niya," he opened the meal, "two pieces hotcake." He enthused hoping his choice of foods would excite her.

She chuckled, "alam mo talaga yung mga favorite ko ha?" His food choices really made her drool.

She's been craving for fast foods lately since going out with David requires her to eat nothing but red meats, leaves and overpriced foods. She closed her eyes, "mmmm." She uttered gently as she took a spoonful of food.

"Ang sarap talaga ng beef tapa nila." She praised. "Mas masarap ka, wag ka man papatalo." He jested and took a bite of his breakfast chickenjoy.

She snickered before her nostrils flared, "funny mo." She sarcastically teased him.

"Nakausap mo si Aika?" She asked. "Oo, nabanggit nga niya na pupunta siya dito. I messaged her yesterday." Leni began to wonder if he's building up a confrontation with her after catching her lie.

"Akala ko uuwi ka sa Naga?" There it is, she told herself.

She wasn't ready for an excuse, "no." She uttered with a guilty face.

He paused eating and focused on her, "bakit sabi mo," he mumbled.

He was calm and it helped her compose her thoughts better. "Hindi talaga ako papunta sa Naga non. Nagpapahinga kase ako kagabi. Ayoko lang maistorbo." She explained.

He always believed her words. He nodded, "okay man sabihin mo sakin kung ganon. I won't pester you." He pointed out. The atmosphere turned a bit heavy in the room, Digong started to feel its weight.

"I just don't want us lying to each other, Leni." He implored, "you can be honest with me." He assured.

A soft smile sprouted on her face, she just couldn't feel more grateful for having an understanding man like him. "I don't want us to be full of lies. Sabihin mo yung totoo sakin and I will understand, I will compromise if there is something wrong." He urged.

"Kase kahit ano man yan, good or bad, sus, hindi man magbabago isip ko sa'yo." He flirted, "asus!" She retorted.

"Pero sige. Honest." She pledged. "Promise?" He extended his pinky towards her, she beamed and entwined her pinky with his, "promise."

They chuckled softly together.

"Sige, kung honest na talaga tayo sa isa't isa, may tanong ako." Her introduction intrigued him.

"Ano?" He asked.

"Bakit ka naka-amerikana ang aga aga? Anong meron?" She laughed upon pointing out.

His cheeks turned red, "bakit? Maayos naman. Kailangan desente ako." He explained.

"Aattend ka ba ng business conference at naka-ganyan ka? Dito ka lang naman didiretso sa bahay." She bursted into laughter.