Chapter 1

Chapter One

The day Zhao Zhufu died.

In the Imperial calendar, it was the first day of September in the year 491, with clear skies and brilliant sunshine.

She stood before the Pope, her face bathed in divine light.

A dignified and graceful 26-year-old female Alpha.

Ten years, a whole decade.

She had fought with her seven or eight Alpha siblings for nearly half her life, and this time, she had finally turned the tables and ascended to the highest position that would never be taken from her.

The Pope's chanting and the cheers of the crowd resonated in her ears. Her face bore pride as she humbly lowered her head, allowing the Pope to place the crown upon her. Then, Zhao Zhufu stood up, still wearing a gentle smile.

"Today, I would like to thank someone, even though he is absent due to illness..."

She slowly lifted her skirt, ignoring the astonishment of the female officials behind her, and took a few steps toward an empty corner, extending her hand.

The woman's hand wore snow-white gloves, and in the light, it outlined a faint shape, a blur that stirred the heart.

In fact, many people had once smelled the scent of this Empress's pheromones, and they had all done their best to describe her pheromones with the most beautiful words in the world.

It was sunshine, it was a blessing, it was tolerance... it was a beautiful memory that could make people intoxicated.

And at this moment, the owner of such pheromones smiled and extended her hand towards an empty space.

Her beautiful azure eyes blinked unblinkingly at that empty spot, as if through the thin air, she could see the male Omega who should have been present.

"This is my partner, and from today onwards, the Emperor of the Empire..."

Zhao Zhufu smiled and uttered the last two words of her life: "Song Shi."

And the next second, before anyone could react, she suddenly felt a force that caused her body to shift slightly to the side.

The woman furrowed her brows and belatedly lowered her head, only to see the Force blade running through her heart, and blood slowly oozing out.

It was her own blood.

The hilt of the lightsaber was blood-red, and within the Empire, only Song Shi possessed a blood-red lightsaber. Moreover, she had spent countless days and nights with him, so even with her eyes closed, she could outline the shape of that lightsaber.

What followed were the shocked cries and chaos from the people who realized what had happened. "Protect the queen! Protect Queen Your Majesty!"

"Your Majesty—"

... "Absent due to illness"? It turns out, it was an assassination attempt.

Zhao Zhufu had a thousand "MMPs" in her heart to say, but it was already too late.

She fell to the ground, seeing the dust she had stirred up on the floor, the blood droplets like embellishments on her pale fingertips, and the hurried footsteps passing by her.

At some point, Song Shi had entered the hall, running toward her with an unprecedented sense of urgency in his steps.

Zhao Zhufu propped herself up, feeling the cold breeze blow through her empty chest, desperately wanting to identify the murderer who had tried to kill her in her last moments.