Chapter 5

Chapter Five

When that question left her lips, Zhao Zhufu regretted it.

Her expression fluctuated for quite some time. However, she saw Song Shi on the other side slowly sit up, his voice still hoarse but noticeably less mechanical than before.

"It's much better now, thank you," he replied.

His seemingly improved demeanor made Zhao Zhufu raise an eyebrow. As a female Alpha, she contemplated for a few seconds before unexpectedly releasing her psychic power.

Being an S-level Alpha, controlling an Omega who had just exited their heat and was covered in injuries was child's play for her.

Soon, her overpowering pheromones caused a hint of pain to flicker across the young man's face. He started breathing laboriously but couldn't produce any sound.

"Now, Mr. Song Shi, I'd like to ask you a few questions," Zhao Zhufu spoke calmly, despite her one-sided psychic pressure. "Have you ever undergone psychic or pheromone-induced hypnosis?"

With the overwhelming presence of her psychic power, Zhao Zhufu was confident that Song Shi couldn't lie in this situation.

As expected, the other party hesitated for a few seconds and then spoke with difficulty, "Yes."

Zhao Zhufu paused for two seconds. "Do you recognize me?"

This time, Song Shi's hesitation was a bit longer. He took a deep breath and slowly said, "Yes."

Zhao Zhufu's heart skipped a beat. "How did you come to know about me?"

Song Shi's answer to this question slowed down again. He opened his mouth and, after several seconds, said slowly, "I... I don't know..."

Frowning, Zhao Zhufu considered her assumptions. She had thought that Song Shi might utter those cryptic phrases during his heat under hypnosis, but afterward, he should be like any normal person.

Previously, she believed that Song Shi could serve as proof of her theory about their shared rebirth. However, now it seemed she had hit a roadblock or...

She thought for a moment. "Introduce yourself, tell me everything about you."

Song Shi continued to cooperate. "My name is Song Shi, the former marshal of the Vek Empire."

Zhao Zhufu waited for a few seconds before asking with surprise, "That's it? How old are you, what do you like to eat, and why were you sent here? Don't you have any of that information?"

This time, Song Shi's expression struggled for a few seconds. His voiceless eyes appeared even dimmer under the faint light. "I... I don't know," he finally uttered.

Zhao Zhufu was not convinced. She increased the output of her psychic power, and her tone became more forceful. "What did you do wrong to be sent here?"

Song Shi's expression grew even more agonized. His hand clenched abruptly, the veins on his hand popping out. He then began to pant heavily. It seemed like he was pleading, yet also seeking help, shaking his head frantically. "I don't know, I don't know..."

Zhao Zhufu, unmoved, raised her voice, "Answer me!"

The young man opened his mouth as if gasping for air, but under the overwhelming psychic pressure, he slowly bent down. It was as though he felt an inexplicable pain, and his whole body twisted in agony.

Finally, Zhao Zhufu felt the tension in his entire demeanor release, and he collapsed to the ground.

He fell towards the concrete floor in the direction of the palace.