Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Zhao Zhufu was caught off guard by the sudden push, and within the next moment, she felt like she had directly "fallen" from her mental sea back to the mental world.

Although there was no change in her physical location, she felt a sense of weightlessness.

Her legs almost went weak, but Song Shi quickly reached out and pulled her, holding her firmly as they touched each other.

When they made contact, Zhao Zhufu noticed that the young man's hand was somewhat cool, and his grip was unexpectedly strong. At this moment, he frowned slightly as if disapproving and said, "Your Highness, please be more careful."

Zhao Zhufu also realized the situation and immediately stood upright. Feeling somewhat embarrassed, she reached out to support him as well. After regaining her composure, she looked at the robot still reporting outside and asked, "Who is it?"

The AI butler's voice remained monotone. "Identity verified as Zhao Yuanke, Second Prince of the Andes Empire."

Zhao Zhufu's eyes widened slowly. She looked at the smart AI with almost disbelief. After a few seconds of stunned silence, her voice slightly raised as she said, "Quick, please let him in."

She walked briskly towards the entrance and soon saw the young man standing in the sunlight, walking towards her.

After days of not seeing each other, Zhao Yuanke's complexion had improved compared to when they were in the Andes Empire. When he looked at Zhao Zhufu, he couldn't hide his smile either. "Zhufu."

"Second Brother!"

Zhao Zhufu took three quick steps and stood in front of him, her expression also filled with a smile. "You came to see me?"

If someone overheard their conversation, they would think it was a typical brother-sister interaction, with the brother suddenly appearing to give his sister a heartwarming surprise after she had been away for a long time.

However, Zhao Zhufu was well aware that Zhao Yuanke's visit was far from as simple as it appeared on the surface.

Her smile didn't reach her eyes, and her voice had a deliberate, slight rise to it. Yet, she intimately hooked her arm with Zhao Yuanke's and pulled him inside, asking, "Has Second Brother met His Majesty Pei Yu?"

"Naturally."

Zhao Yuanke seemed oblivious to any abnormalities in Zhao Zhufu. He simply nodded with a warm smile and said, "Upon arriving in the Kingdom of Vic, it's only proper to pay a visit to a foreign monarch. His Majesty Pei Yu is an extremely friendly person; he granted me permission to visit you."

Zhao Zhufu blinked her eyes. She didn't quite see Pei Yu, who had effectively confined her for almost a week, as a "friendly person." Looking at Zhao Yuanke's demeanor, she couldn't guess what Pei Yu had sent him to do.

She couldn't help but furrow her brows slightly and turned her head to discreetly glance at the silent household AI systems.

The Star Network covered the entire continent, and the AI tools and various signal information deployed around them could potentially be someone's spies.

As the highest authority in the Kingdom of Vic, Zhao Zhufu had no doubt that Pei Yu could monitor everything about her at any time.

That's why she had been behaving so lax for the past few days, laughing and joking with Song Shi every day, trying to create an image of herself as a naive and innocent Ninth Princess with no ambitions.

In addition, she had previously disregarded Pei Yu's face at the state banquet, insisting on taking Song Shi away. This was all part of shaping the image of someone who had already fallen in love with this gift.