Chapter 40 (End)

Chapter 40: Conclusion

Zhao Zhufu blinked and slowly said, "No matter which dimension I'm from... it seems that I have a rather unpleasant personality."

"Song Shi," she suddenly called her partner's name, then continued, "Did you feel guilty before? Did you think it was your selfish desire that brought the two of us to this place?"

"But, have you ever considered that I came to this place because of death, not just because of your choice?"

"And at the same time, you came here because you were mistaken for my murderer, and that's why you were reincarnated into this world."

"Perhaps, like you, she also envies my life in another dimension?"

Zhao Zhufu's words left Song Shi deep in thought.

She didn't rush him for an answer, merely waiting calmly for Song Shi to come to his own conclusions.

While absentmindedly touching the hilt of the original stone sword in her hand, her mind was almost certain of her recent guess.

It had to be said that Zhao Zhufu was quite confident that she was the person who understood 'herself' the best in this world.

She had grown up in a gilded cage, and her personality had little to do with being 'good'. Instead, she constantly yearned for more, dissatisfied with what she had.

Whether it was her father's favor or her brother's partiality, she unconsciously always wanted a little more.

She was certain that if she hadn't fallen from the pinnacle because of the emperor's actions in the previous dimension, she would forever be that naive, somewhat unpleasant little princess.

And the 'me' in this dimension, if she's really as Song Shi saw her, then her basic personality should be similar to the one before she fell.

If 'she' could also see her own dimension, even if she had a happy and fulfilling marriage, she would be attracted to the overwhelming authority of Empress Zhao Zhufu.

She would take the sword given by Zhao Yuanko without hesitation and kill the 'her' she dreamed of.

At the same time...

Zhao Zhufu calmly asked, "Song Shi, have you ever thought that if you didn't die naturally? Could the reason you came to this world be because Princess Zhao Zhufu loved her husband so much that she wanted to take the other 'you' away?"

The more she spoke, the more complex Song Shi's expression became.

She had to stop at just the right moment, saying, "Although these are my speculations, I believe there might be something that could confirm whether my speculations are correct or not."

Zhao Zhufu reached out her hand to her Omega, saying, "We need to break through this dimension."

She tried to say this as calmly as if she were suggesting, "The weather is nice today; let's have noodles for dinner."

On the other side, Song Shi showed no sign of wanting to refute her. He slowly but firmly grasped Zhao Zhufu's hand.

Song Shi's psychic power had always had an aggressive nature, causing even though he deliberately restrained it, Zhao Zhufu still felt like her body involuntarily uttered words resembling "wanting to escape."

She took a deep breath and then released her pheromones calmly.

At times like this, her pheromones, which naturally carried a soothing effect, played a significant role. Song Shi's stiff hand involuntarily relaxed a bit at this moment.