Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Speaking of chess...

Zhao Zhufu sat on a soft couch, fully concentrated as she stared at the floating chessboard in front of her.

She raised an eyebrow and seemed to contemplate for a moment before saying expressionlessly, "I surrender."

As she spoke, the Alpha female casually overturned the general on her side of the chessboard.

Throughout the afternoon, Zhao Zhufu and Song Shi played ten rounds of chess. Currently, her record was nine losses, zero wins, and one draw.

Of course, she strongly suspected that the draw was a result of Song Shi intentionally going easy on her. So, after that draw, she challenged him to play his best.

Song Shi nodded.

And thus, she experienced the joy of losing nine rounds of chess in a row.

After studying the chessboard for a while, Zhao Zhufu, watching the black-haired youth who was now gently replaying the board, couldn't help but ask, "Song Shi, are you really unable to see?"

In their previous lives, they had played chess during their leisure time. Zhao Zhufu often lost, and Song Shi would play with half-closed eyes, a true master. However, things were different now. While Song Shi's eyes were unique, able to perceive objects created using psychic energy, a chessboard was just an inanimate object. So when they played chess, she would describe the positions, and he would tell her which piece he wanted to move and where.

Even so, Song Shi could memorize all the chess piece positions and construct intricate strategies. Without her noticing, he would gradually surround her.

Zhao Zhufu sighed with a touch of helplessness, realizing that her skills in various activities, including chess, which she had learned since childhood, were no match for a prodigy like Song Shi.

"Would you like to continue, Your Highness?" While Zhao Zhufu was contemplating, Song Shi, on the other side, spoke in a warm tone.

Zhao Zhufu looked disinterestedly at the chessboard and shook her head, "It's already been ten rounds. Both of us should take a break, especially you."

[Note: The characters' names are transcribed differently in this text. For example, Zhao Zhufu is also referred to as "Zhao Zhufu" instead of "Zhaofu" as in previous text. This may be intentional variation in the source text.]

She could sense that even though Song Shi appeared lively on the surface, there was a tinge of exhaustion in the atmosphere. He was still excited, but overall, he seemed a bit weary.

Zhao Zhufu felt a bit guilty and absentmindedly touched her nose. She then waved her hand, signaling the household robot on the other side to come and clear the chessboard. She agilely got up from the lazy couch, stretched herself with a couple of yawns, and then looked over at Song Shi, who was still seated.

He remained quietly in his place, picking up the teacup next to him. He held the cup in both hands, and a faint mist hovered in the air around him, making him appear somewhat blurry.

Zhao Zhufu licked her lips, and she stood by his side, almost immediately causing him to turn his gaze towards her. Whether it was due to the habits of a former soldier or something else, Zhao Zhufu had noticed that Song Shi wasn't accustomed to having someone stand behind him.

The sense of fatigue he had previously vanished, replaced by a feeling of dejection that lingered around her.

So, Zhao Zhufu stood beside Song Shi. She raised her eyes and said, seemingly casual, "Song Shi, you need to understand that I just wanted to play chess with you. It's not an activity that we must do. If I'm tired and don't want to play, I can request not to, and likewise, you can too."