Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Zhao Zhufu stood up, unconsciously curved her lips as if she intended to offer a polite smile. Her first thought was that Vic was known for its open-mindedness, and perhaps the king's suggestive words at the state banquet, while lacking in decorum, were an attempt to strengthen the friendship with the Andes Empire.

But that's nonsense.

She raised her head calmly and looked at Pei Yu, who seemed to be looking down on her from his seat. The Vic officials and military commanders at the banquet, with eager expressions, and the sudden appearance of other Alpha information molecules that made her temples throb with pain, all seemed to tell her—Pei Yu probably wasn't making a joke.

The involuntary twitch at the corner of her mouth, which had initially hinted at a smile, quickly turned into a stiff spasm.

Zhao Zhufu still held a glass in her hand, and she saw the wine glass that belonged to Song Shi not far away—she suddenly had the urge to throw it into the fire. However, in the last moment, Zhao Zhufu finally realized that she was no longer the heir who spoke her mind without reservation. She was just the Ninth Princess attending her first diplomatic event.

She took a deep breath and, without making a sound, looked towards the envoy from the Andes Empire. The envoy was her father's trusted aide, and his importance on this mission was almost on par with hers. The old emperor had repeatedly urged her to listen to him.

The envoy was an old man with a white beard, and he met her gaze instantly, and slowly...

He nodded his head.

Zhao Zhufu opened her mouth, gently placed the glass on the table, and said, "As Your Majesty said..."

She slowly lowered her head, looking at Song Shi, who was almost curled up on the floor. His face was red, but he was biting his lip hard, afraid to make a sound.

In contrast, his hand reached out involuntarily towards Zhao Zhufu. He seemed to want to plead for something, but he restrained himself too much, looking humble and cautious.

However, his hand, which was about to touch her ankle, hesitated for a few seconds and didn't dare to move forward when he heard her words.

Zhao Zhufu stared at the pale finger reaching towards her and suddenly couldn't say anything more.

She squatted down, grabbed his wrist that was trying to retreat, and in this position, she pulled him into her arms without hesitation.

Although the young man was thin, he was taller than her. The golden-haired princess pursed her lips, but she unceremoniously pulled most of his upper body into her arms. Then, without any politeness, she pressed his head against her neck—

For both of them, it was not a very comfortable position. However, Zhao Zhufu maintained her composure, and even in the next moment, she calmly raised her head and smiled up at Pei Yu:

"As Your Majesty said, I'm afraid I can't agree. Since 'Marshal Song Shi' is a gift from you to the Andes Empire, how can one take back a gift that has already been given? Furthermore, I don't like sharing my possessions with others."

The young Ninth Princess of the Andes Empire stood in the main hall of the Vic court, her voice not loud, but every word was clear and pleasant.

Almost everyone in the room held their breath as they listened to her words. For a moment, they felt that this young princess was an excellent candidate who remained unflinching in the face of the big picture.

However, Zhao Zhufu herself didn't feel as composed as she appeared on the surface.

But what annoyed her more was not the unpredictable Emperor but the Omega in her arms, who was getting uncomfortably warm.