In the corner of my eye , I saw his jaw clench before walking around the car to the drivers side. He pulled open the door and got in. I looked out the window, not bothering to even speak to him. That didn't stop him though.

"What you're doing is childish." He said and I continued looking out the window, not bothering to respond to him.

I felt his eyes on me and I ignored his glaring. About a minute or two of just sitting here, the car full attention, he started the car and drove off.

****
OMNISCIENT

Carter pulled into the driveway fuming. Tiana hadn't said a word to him the entire ride and it pissed him off.

As soon as the car was parked, Tiana got out with her book bag and walked towards the entrance of the house. He sighed frustratedly and pulled the key out or the ignition before gettin out to follow her. He slammed the door shut just as Tiana knocked on the door.

About a moment later, the door opened and Eva smiled at Tiana. Tiana gave one back and walked into the house.

"Sir." Eva said with respect as he entered the house behind Tiana.

Tiana made her way to the dinning room and pulled out books to study. She didn't have to study right now but anything to keep her from having to talk to Carter.

She took a seat in a chair and flipped the book open. She ignored the sudden footsteps and continued looking at the words.

Suddenly, the book was closed shut in front of her and Carter took a seat next to her. "I want to talk."

Tiana bit her lip and went to grab another book but Carter snatched it out her hand and slid them to the other end of the table.

"Tiana, I want to talk." Carter said more firmly.

Tiana inhaled then exhaled one good time before looking his way. She met his serious eyes and leaned back in her chair with crossed arms.

"Alright. Let's talk." She said.

He sighed. "Look, I know your mad at me but I told you I did what I did to protect you and I don't regret it." He began. "It was wrong for me to drug you but you wouldn't have listened to me if I told you I wanted to do it by myself."

"You're damn right, Carter. I told you I was ready to do some reckless shît and you didn't want me to. As I said before, it's not up to you." Tiana spoke up angrily.

"And that's we're your wrong, baby, it is up to me." Carter said back.

Tiana scoffed. "Was it your family that abused you in that warehouse?" She asked.

"No, but-"

"Was it your ex that tried to rape me?"

Carter's jaw clenched again and his face turned red just from mentioning of her ex. "No."

"Okay, then. It was up to me. They were my family, Carter. Mine. If I wanted to kill those bastards then I could."

"And that's why I said no. I don't want you tainted."

"Tainted?" Tiana questioned rhetorically. "I am tainted."

"No you're not, babe."

"Yes, I am." She argued.

A low rumble left Carter's lips. Why was she being so difficult instead of understanding?

If she thought she was tainted then okay. I'll let her have it for now. Argument for another time.