11

Following Elliot is harder than I imagined. Not only is he fast, he's also very familiar with the path and so he didn't stumble along the way like I do.

But then as I kept within the same path we walked on, in the distance I can see a smudge of his silhouette, his leather jacket is illuminated by the glow of the lilac sky.

"Elliot!" I yelled, jogging towards him. I don't think he can hear me though, he just kept going.

"Hey! Elliot!" He still kept going.

I was nearer now. "Hey, curly! Wait up!" I yelled again. Finally he stopped.
He turned around and raised his eyebrows at me.

"I told you not to call me that." he said. I stopped in front of him, bent down, my hands resting in my thighs as I catch my breath.

"Well, you didn't turn around when I called you by your name." I said still gasping for air.

"Why are you here?" he asked, his eyes darting towards the path where I came from. "And where are your friends?"

I raised my pointer finger, telling him to shut up and wait for me to catch my breath. I am seriously very unathletic.

While I was catching my breath, I thought of a reason.

A reason why I wanted to go with him, why I'm here with him and not with my friends.

Because I don't even know him, and he did say that he was in and out of juvie.

Shit, what if he's like a rapist or a killer or some shit like that? I didn't even thought about that.

"Hello?" he said snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"Oh. Right. Well... Ummmm." I stuttered, not really knowing what to say.

He raised his eyebrows again, urging me to hurry the fuck up.

"I decided to accompany you in the city." I smiled slightly at him.

His forehead creases again.

"Why would you want to do that?" he asked. His eyes searching up my face for answers.

Before I could say anything he asked again.

"And shouldn't you be spending time with your friends? Or would you rather spend your time with me?" He was smirking. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Pssshhh. Who would want to spend time with you?" I grumbled, my arms flailing.

"I just really wanted to go to the city, y'know. The nightlife and the clubs and all that stuff. That is much more enjoyable than whatever this is." I said gesturing to the mountains.

He nodded his head and turned around and started to walk. "Well, you should keep up then."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I told you to keep up!" Elliot said exasperated.

Well, I'm sorry. It's not my fault that this damn mountain is even harder to treck downwards than upwards.

"I feel like I'm going to fall down." I said holding on to a branch of a tree while slowly going down the steep mountain.

Elliot is already ways down the line, while I'm stuck in here.

"You're not gonna fall down. Trust me. Just use your foot to stop the gravity." he shuffled the gravel in his feet. 

"Nice advice. You're joking right? Use my foot to stop gravity? Really? That's all you can say?" I retorted, getting anxious by the second. I can feel my feet slipping down. I tightened my hold on to the branch.

"Just slowly go down, okay. Or you can also go down fast, whatever you like." he said, not really helping.

"What am I supposed to do? Go slow or fast?" I said, rolling my eyes. This is a stupid idea.

"Oh my God, I'm going to fall down and die. Oh my God I'm going to die." I was panicking, as I hold on to the tree branch like my life depended on it, in this case I think it really does.

"Shut up! Stop being annoying. You're not going to die. Just let go of the branch, okay. And then walk towards me." He said, his arms extending as if I am a child just learning to walk. I sighed.

Here goes nothing.

I let go of the branch that I was holding and slowly walk towards the downhill path. I search for big rocks that could stop my feet so I don't fall down, because that's what he told me not long ago.

However, the rocks quickly became scarce, I'm not even halfway where Elliot is.

I move towards the last rock that I could find, but it turns out that the rock was not locked into place like the others and so I stumbled forward and I saw my life flashed before my eyes.

Shit.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Noah's random ig: