8

"What about you?" Elliot suddenly breaks the silence that was surrounding us just a second ago.

"What's your deal?" he asked, looking at me.

I don't know how to describe the look he was giving me, but the way his deep blue eyes were focus on me, and only me, I just want to say every secret, every thought, everything that I could think about. 

I looked away, trying to compose myself.

"I asked you first, didn't I?" I questioned him again.

I heard him sigh. I didn't thought that he would say anything but he did.

"Honestly, I never really have someone ask me what my deal is." He looked at me again.

"I don't really have a deal." He said his eyes traveling all over my face. I cleared my throat. 

"Bullshit. A guy like you, who wears a freaking leather jacket while hiking?" I said while gesturing to his jacket, he looks at it briefly.

"You obviously have a deal." I finished.

"Well, let's see, My mom died when I was young," He looked really focused on what he was saying.

"I have no friends, except one, but he left me too." he was looking at the dirt beneath us, I couldn't see if he was frowning, scowling or if his face have no emotions again. 

I didn't say anything, then he continued. "I was in and out of juvie and I just dropped out of school," he chuckled for a second, then became serious again.

"Then my dad..." He went silent for a second, his eyes calculating. "My dad kick me out." He whispered, I can see that that was not the whole story about his dad.

He was so sure about everything else but when he talked about his dad he was unsure of what to say. 

I didn't say anything. I don't really know what to say. I've never had anyone talk to me like this.

I made people think that I never really cared about their problems, I have a reputation to uphold. But, I don't have to think about my reputation right now, he doesn't know me, and I don't know him.

So it's okay.

I touched his back slightly, rubbing it, he didn't say anything, he also didn't remove my hand from his back. We stayed like that for what feels like forever. 

And then he started to move. He stood up. I didn't know what to do, I was looking around the place like I could somehow figured out what he was thinking if I did. 

"We should go. I don't want to miss the sunset." He said quietly, not meeting me in the eyes.

It was a really awkward moment we just shared, so I understand why he didn't looked at me, but that doesn't mean I wasn't disappointed that I couldn't see his blue eyes. 

I also stood up, circling my foot, testing if it still hurt. It didn't. He already started walking, and so I catch up to him. 

____________________________________________________________________________

"My parents are getting a divorce." I said. I'm looking down, I know he was looking at me, but I can't make myself look at him.

"I mean... I think they are, and the way they were fighting all the time.. I just.." 

"Can't help but feel like they are?" He finished for me. I looked at him, my thoughts fleeting to the moments, to every arguments my parents had, the awkward family dinners, my dad sleeping in our guest room. 

"Yes.... No." I shook my head, he was confused. His eyes only on me.

"I didn't just think they are, sometimes I also wish they are." I said full of guilt.

I look down on my shoes. Whenever that thought occurred to me, I felt really guilty because I have this great life, and my mom and dad are trying to fight for their marriage while a lot of people wished their parents have been together.

But the constant yelling and fighting is taking a serious toll on me. 

"I get it. You're probably sick of all the fighting." He said nodding his head, I smiled lightly. 

"Yeah. But then whenever it gets bad I could just run to my friends and then I'll be fine." I frowned.

"But I'm afraid I'll lose them too." I said my eyes glued to the dirt beneath me.

"Why?" He stopped walking so I looked at him. His head slightly tilted.

Around us the wind softly blows which made his soft curls cover his face. I don't know why I have the sudden urge to tuck it in his ear. It's an effort to make my own hands stay beside me.

I shrugged. "It's senior year. We're all going our separate ways, They're going places and I...." I think of what to say, my eyes rummaging through the leaves surrounding us. 

"I honestly don't know where I'll be going." I said truthfully, I looked like I was defeated.

It was true, that's what I was afraid of, that once we all go to college, or they all go to college, then they would eventually forget about me and then I would have no one. Not my parents, not my friends. Not anyone. 

He lifted my chin up with his fingers, he made me look at his blue eyes. I was lost for words, I don't know what he'd do, but if he did do something I was positive that I'd let it happen, I was helpless. 

"It's okay if you haven't figure out what to do or where to go yet, It's okay to take your time. It's okay to be confused and undecided. It's okay." He said or more like whispered.

There's something about his words that made it something like a secret. Our own secret. 

My eyes briefly fell down from his eyes to his lips. I wonder what it would feel to kiss him. My eyes darted back to his eyes, he looked at me with intrigue plaster in his face. I instantly blush.

What the hell am I thinking? 

I cleared my throat. Trying to brush away my thoughts.

"We should probably start walking again. Right?" I said. He nodded his head and I started walking forward, way ahead of him.

I looked back at him and I can see him smiling.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Noah's random ig: