35 | Certain Death

Start from the beginning

"If you hurt him in any way, this will be your last day walking this Earth," Lexi snarls.

"Relax, I didn't hurt him," Tyler says with a satisfied smile. "I just want to know how you did it."

"Did what?"

"Compelled an entire town to forget you existed, Ms. Adams." He takes another step towards her with his eyes narrowed. "I mean, werewolves all over, and somehow you compel them all? No one has that power."

Lexi clears her throat. She looks around, anywhere but Tyler's face. "What do you want, Tyler, hmm?" She tilts her head to the side. "The vet was an old friend of mine. We have since parted ways."

"I want to stop Klaus," Tyler tells her. "He has taken more from you than almost anyone. You in?"

Lexi laughs once more, her skin crinkling at the corners of her eyes. "You must be mad," Lexi exclaims. "To go against Klaus is certain death."

"And yet, you hate him," Tyler says. "He made you leave Beacon Hills, I know he did."

"You misunderstand," Lexi replies. "I left Beacon Hills because they were safe. My pack was safe. I came here because my brother called for my help. Klaus had nothing to do with my departure."

Her heartbeat jumps.

"Fine." Tyler clenches his jaw. "Did you know what the baby could do?"

Lexi frowns. "I don't know what you mean."

"It can sire hybrids," Tyler explains. "I'm testing it right now, and when Dwayne wakes up, we'll both know why Klaus MIkaelson—killer of men, women, and puppies—suddenly wants to be a daddy."

Lexi calls after the hybrid as he stomps away into the thicket of the forest. "Tyler, come back!" She yells as she tugs against the chains. "Tyler—" She winces as the metal bites into the wound left by Tyler's fangs. "You'll wish you killed me," she growls.

She strains as she pulls against the heavy metal chains. The tree groans against her strength as she grits her teeth in effort. Suddenly, the wood cracks. Lexi sighs in relief as she speeds forward, the chains slicing through the trunk of the tree.

Placing the chain against a nearby rock, Lexi takes a sharp stone and slams it against the links. With each hit, the metal bends more and more until it snaps. As it breaks, Lexi sighs in relief, taking the cuffs off of her wrists and rubbing the irritated skin.

When she stands, she winces and clenches her right hand, looking at the bite mark bleeding on her wrist. "Really, Lockwood?" She mutters.

"Weak girl."

Lexi freezes. She slowly picks her head up and looks over her shoulder. "I guess it's started then," she whispers to herself when she sees her father standing before her. "For your information, Mikael, I didn't have much choice in the matter."

"Yet you whine like an insolent child," Mikael snaps. "You really are a dog."

Lexi purses her lips. "Dog? Really? Best you can come up with?"

Mikael shakes his head and glares at her. "How can you stand by him after everything he's done to you?" He demands. "Klaus is nothing more than an instrument of pain."

"You made him that way," Lexi replies. "You made us all this way. You and Esther."

"You want to blame me for your failures?" He chuckles. "Go ahead. But we both know who is really behind your unhappiness."

Lexi bites down on her cheek. "You know nothing."

"Really? I am in your head, girl. We both know you are just trying to convince yourself of Klaus' loyalty." Mikael begins to smirk when Lexi clenches her hands into fists. "How do you think he will react when he sees you next." Lexi's conviction seeps away. "You let his little wolf get kidnapped by a child."

"He will believe me," Lexi says, but even she does not believe herself. "Tyler knocked me out—"

"You are the Original Alpha!" Mikael yells. Lexi stumbles back with a quiet gasp. "A powerful being such as yourself should easily overpower a whelp like Tyler Lockwood. And yet, here you are. Talking with me instead of saving poor Hayley." Lexi glances over her shoulder. "You should even be able to overpower Klaus himself."

"Never going to happen."

"I wouldn't be so sure, girl," Mikael sneers. "He took your pack away from you, and yet here you stand. A simple errand girl to Klaus—"

Lexi uses her speed to pin Mikael to the nearest tree, her hand in his chest. "Stop talking!" She shouts.

"Lexi!"

Hayley's shrill scream comes from Lexi's left. When Lexi glances at the horrified pregnant girl, she blinks. When she turns back to Mikael, she removes her hand from Elijah's chest. "He bit me," Lexi says as she avoids Elijah's gaze. "Sorry."

He grasps at the wound in his chest. "It's all right," Elijah says. "Why don't you go back and wait for us?"

Lexi frowns. "Wait for you? Tyler is still out there—"

"And Niklaus promised to take care of him," Elijah replies. "For now, you are compromised. Go back."

Stepping out from in front of Lexi, Elijah walks over to Hayley. "Shouldn't I bring the wolf home?" Lexi asks as her heart beats rapidly against her chest. "Tyler cannot get in."

"No," Elijah glances at the ground. "At the moment, I can protect her."

Lexi clenches her jaw. "Better than I can?"

His nod makes Lexi flinch. "Get back home," he says before he tugs Hayley out of sight.

Lexi slips to the ground, her fingers wrapping around the grains of dirt. "I'm strong," she whispers to herself. "I am strong. I'm strong." She picks up her head, her eyes flashing bright red. "Enough of this," she growls. "Dahlia! Come out, you evil bitch!"

As she stands, the pack watching all start towards her. "Lexi, what are you doing?" Peter demands as she looks up at the sky in fury.

"I am tired of this," Lexi replies, finding the strength to meet his gaze. She looks at each of them and shakes her head. "You have no need for these memories. You should be free to go." She looks back up at the sky. "Dahlia! Come down here!"

As thunder booms in the distance, the pack begins to worry. "Lexi, stop," Stiles says. "You don't know what she'll do."

Lexi calls out for Dahlia once more.

"Stop!" Scott yells as Kira clings to his jacket. Malia growls at the blowing wind as she grabs Stiles' arm. Lydia hugs herself when the sky turns dark purple.

Derek steps forward in front of the pack, his hand outstretched. "Lexi, listen to me," he says. Lexi tilts her chin down as she hesitantly meets his gaze. "What are you doing?"

"I am getting you out of my memories, once and for all," she replies through gritted teeth. "You don't deserve this. Our interaction is over. I do not see you again until after Hope is born." She chuckles without humor. "I just want you to be safe."

"So, are you ready to give up?"

Lexi glares as she turns to face her aunt. "Give up?" Lexi repeats. "No, no, no. I am not giving up."

Dahlia frowns as she slips her hands into her pockets. "So why did you call me down here?"

Lexi smirks. "This."

A burst of white light blinds the pack.

Cliffhanger! What do you think Lexi did? Comment below.

Hope you enjoyed!

-L