Chapter 17

Louis's POV

I woke up in a daze. Where was I?

The room I was in was completely dark and almost eerie. I was extremely stiff and I was sitting in a chair whilst laying my head on a bed. I was cold and confused. Where the hell was I?

That's when I remembered where I was: the hospital.

I sat up and stretched as my eyes adjusted to the darkness.

I turned to the side to check on Josie, but she wasn't there. What? Where did she go?

I looked around before hearing the sound of the door opening. I looked up to see Joslynn walk into the room.

"Oh...hey, Lou." She said tiredly.

"Hey...what are you doing up?" I asked.

"I went to the bathroom...but I, uh, think I'm gonna go back to bed now." She said sort of emotionless, lying back down on the bed. 

I sighed, propping my elbow on the chair arm rest and I rested my chin in my hand. I wasn't tired anymore, and so I'm left doing nothing. 

After about a minute of silence, Joslynn started tossing and turning. After a few minutes, she let out an exasperated sigh and ran her hands through her hair. 

"Joslynn, it's obvious you can't sleep." I said, turning to her. 

She looked at me and sighed and said, "You're right. I've been up for about two hours." 

"You could have woken me up, you know."

"There wasn't a need." she simply said, ending the conversation. 

After a few minutes of an icy silence, I calmly said, "Just try and get some sleep, okay?"

"Why do you even care?" She asked, turning towards me while laying down. 

What the fuck is she talking about?

"Josie....I mean...I care about you."

"Louis, you know what? You can just go. I don't need you making up lies about you loving me or whatever just to try and get some guy to stop messing with me."

Whoaaaa, she thinks I was LYING about loving her? What the actual hell?

"You call rape simply 'messing with you?' And...I didn't lie about what I said." 

She ignored my comment about rape. "What do you mean you didn't lie?"

I stayed silent for a minute, thinking about what I should say. After a minute, I said, "Have you ever wanted to say something, like really badly, but never had the guts to? Like, you just have so many nerves that it just won't come out, and you just push it aside? That happens to me. A lot. I never have the guts to say what I want to say. And for years, I've been dying to say those few words. I just...I never knew it. For years, I had this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. I always questioned if it was love or not, but I never said anything. Well, I actually take that back. I talked to Harry. A lot. He always said that he thought I was in love with you, but I never believed him. But...after seeing that Joshua guy all over you for so long, it sparked all of these emotions that I was never able to comprehend. And it was just a few hours ago when I realized every emotion that had been screaming inside of me. And, well, it all came out. Josie, what I said was entirely true. I, Louis William Tomlinson, am deeply and madly in love with you, Joslynn Marie Davis, and I no longer have to deny it." 

That took every little ounce of courage I had to say that, and my voice was sort of shaky whilst I was saying it. I honestly cannot believe I just said that.