Chapter 14

Louis's POV

I felt nervous. My stomach churned, and I'm pretty sure I was shaking. Why was I nervous? Maybe because one, I was in presence of the most beautiful girl in the world, two, there were certain people at this dance I'd rather avoid, and three, it was my job to make this night perfect. 

I turned to look at Josie. She was standing there casually, just talking to her friends. I didn't really focus on what she was saying. I was too mesmerized. Her beauty literally takes my breath away sometimes. Her smile was just...amazing. Her smile was one of my favorite things about her. Her smile is always perfect and big. Her smile can bring a smile to anyone's face, I'm pretty sure. 

I once saw this quote that said, "Everytime she laughs, she hopes he's watching. Not so that he sees she's happy, but that maybe, just maybe, he'll fall for her smile just as hard she fell for his." For some reason, this quote had always stuck with me, though I don't exactly know why. 

But, Josie couldn't ever fall for me. I'm her...best friend...nothing more. I'm not nearly as interesting, attractive, or amazing as her. 

Am I seriously...upset that she hasn't fallen for me?

Why would I be?

I don't even understand myself or my emotions anymore. Everything is just jumbled up, and I feel confused and lost. Something inside of me just wants to scream out everything I feel, but if I did that, I think I would end up in deep trouble. 

So...I guess I just keep everything in? That seems to be what I need to do...even if it may be hard. But, I still don't quite understand it...I don't want to keep everything in, yet I don't exactly know what I'm keeping in. Why am I so confusing?

"Lou?" I heard a sweet voice ask. 

I snapped out of my gaze and turned and said, "Huh?"

Joslynn giggled a bit and said, "You were off in your own world there, for a second." 

I blushed a bit and said, "Oops."

Joslynn smiled, rolled her eyes, and pulled me towards the group again. We all started talking about random things until a girl who was probably in the year below came up to Joslynn and I. "Joslynn...I just wanted to say you look stunning tonight. And, you're so lucky to have such a great boyfriend here as your date. He's really talented. Hold on to him." The girl then smiled and walked off without giving Josie or me time to speak. 

"Well that was..." Josie said, trailing off. 

"Sweet." I said, finishing off her sentence. 

"I was going to say a little awkward...but sweet works, too, I suppose." She said. 

Did I say the wrong thing?

I decided to just forget about it and join in on the conversation. "I feel weird." Eden announced. We all gave her odd looks, gesturing for her to explain. "I mean about Monday...that's our graduation. It's sort of scary to think about." 

"Don't even remind me." Joslynn groaned.

"We've gotta face it sometime. We're leaving and going off on our separate ways." Said McKenna. 

Josie's graduation made me nervous. Mainly because of the gift I was going to give her. Seems stupid, right? I shouldn't be stressing over this. 

"I know." Josie sighed. "But, my boys leave in about a week. I don't even want to think about my poor, pathetic life without them."

"We don't want to think about our poor and pathetic life without you!" Harry said.

Joslynn rolled her eyes and said, "Sure, Mr. Pop Star."