Chapter 8

Joslynn’s POV

Words cannot describe how pissed I am at Louis. What the hell was going through his mind when he said that? I’d sure like to know. I was currently sitting in my bedroom alone, ignoring all phone calls, texts, and knocks on my door. I wanted to be alone. I need to think without people bothering me.

Am I reacting how I should? I think so. I don’t think it’s fair of him to go say I was his girlfriend. He claims it was simply word vomit, but was it really? How does someone accidentally say they were dating someone? They don’t. And if they did, they could quickly fix what they had said, regardless if they are famous.

That’s what Louis should have done. He should have FIXED what he said; not leave it there and go along with what he said. Why would he just go along with it? Any normal person wouldn’t. He doesn’t realize this isn’t fair to me, the fans, or the media. He’s led on the fans and the media to something they’ve wanted to happen, and he’s left me in the spotlight, when it’s not possible for me to answer any of their questions.

How do I feel towards Louis? I’m absolutely furious. I don’t want to talk to him. I don’t want to see him. He doesn’t deserve to take me to prom anymore. This is a problem he hasn’t even tried to fix yet. It’s been three hours! And what has he done in those three hours? Has he called to schedule another interview or tweet or send something out to the media to correct his mistake? No. He’s done absolutely NOTHING to fix this. He’s leaving it as it is, as if he doesn’t want it fixed.

And, if it really is word vomit...why would he say I was his girlfriend, of all things? Is he saying it to make the fans happy and give the media what they want? Is he saying it because he thinks it’s some sort of sick joke?

Maybe he’s saying it because he wants it to be true.

Whoaaaa, what?! NO. Louis does NOT want me as his girlfriend....does he? I mean, we’re...best friends...but right now...what are we? Sure, I guess we’re still best friends, but he doesn’t deserve complete forgiveness and happiness from me, either. I’m extremely mad at him. Part of me just wants to go and run to him and just forget everything and forgive him. But, he doesn’t deserve that. No way. I can’t forgive him for a while. He’s REALLY screwed up. There’s no fixing this.

I sighed, covering my face with my hands and leaning back on my bed. Why is my life so complicated? Why is it so hard to be friends with a celebrity? Everything you do and say is either twisted by the fans and media or spread everywhere. There’s NO privacy. You can’t hide anything. It’s not worth it. You can’t hide things from the media. They’ll find out somehow. They just want a story; they don’t care about the actual people behind it. They want to be able to sell tons of copies of their magazines, and no better way to do that than twist everything famous people do.

When Louis fixes this...that is, IF he comes to his senses and fixes this, what is the media going to say? They’re going to twist everything and one of us will be the bad guy. The media simply wants to build people up to ruin them, and that’s what’s going to happen once Louis tells them the truth. But, if Louis doesn’t tell them the truth, I will.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by my phone beeping...again. Eden, McKenna, Jacqueline, and all of the boys have been texting me non stop, asking me to come out of my room or asking if I’m okay. Am I okay? No.

I looked down at some of my unanswered texts.

HAZZA- Hey, are you okay? Louis feels like total crap over what he said. He really didn’t mean it. He’s really torn up about this. You should talk to him.

Thanks, Harry. I’ll be okay. And I’ll think about it.

Nialler- Hey ur out of cookies and chips
Nialler- and soda and I wanna order pizza
Nialler- oh and um are you okay?

Wow, thanks, Nialler. I’ll be okay. Don’t worry about me. Feel free to order pizza. And stop eating all of my food.

Liam- r u alright? do u wanna talk? im all ears

Thanks, Li. I might take you up on that offer later. Thanks for caring. :)

Zayn- It’ll be okay. It’s just another bump on the rollercoaster of life!

Thanks, Zayn. I’ll be fine. :)

Jacqueline- Dude get your ass out of bed and forgive that douche. Yeah, he messed up because he’s sort of stupid, but he’s your best friend.

He has to fix this first.