30 | Most Beautiful Flower

Comenzar desde el principio

She meets his gaze. "No one should have to mourn alone. It does something to your soul. I just wanted to make sure—"

"I was ok?" He arches an eyebrow.

Lexi shakes her head. "We both know that that is no longer possible," she replies. "I just wanted to make sure you knew you are not alone in your grief. I should have gone with you tonight, and that is on me."

"It is not your fault," he says. "We couldn't have stopped it."

"Maybe." Lexi runs her heated palms against her thighs before she stands. "I hope you find some peace in knowing that she is a hero. More than I will ever be. She once had to choose any phrase in the world. Do you know what she chose?"

"'God picks the prettiest flowers for his garden.'" Argent's lips tug upward. "She wanted to paint it on her wall."

Clasping his shaking hands, Lexi squeezes comfortingly. "She was the most beautiful flower I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Even for a hunter."

Argent blinks rapidly to stop the onslaught of tears. "Thank you." He turns his gaze to the window with the half-moon on display. "You need to get somewhere safe."

Lexi frowns. "I'm not sure I understand." Her phone begins to ring violently. She gasps as she struggles to turn it off quick enough to not wake Isaac. "Sorry, Rebekah," she mutters. "I'll call you back."

Glancing back at her, Argent asks, "Do you know where they are?"

"Of course, they are in—"

"Don't say it," he says.

She narrows her eyes as she shifts her weight. "Why? I don't understand."

"It wants them," Argent tells her as he looks back out through the window. "It wants all of you. Revenge. That's all it told Lydia. It wants the Mikaelsons to suffer."

Lexi runs a hand through her hair. "It was created as a protector. Why would it want..."

She rapidly takes the phone back out of her pocket and presses it to her ear.

"Lexi—"

She holds up a finger. "It doesn't care about my siblings. It cares about me," she says with a quivering lip. "It's going to make me kill them."

"This is Elijah Mikaelson. Leave a message."

"Elijah, listen to me very carefully—"

Suddenly, the breath leaves her lungs. Her fingers, cramping up to the point of being unable to move, let the phone slip to the ground. She faintly hears Argent call out her name again as she falls to her knees, her hands trying to force air into her body. Pain radiates from her head as she chokes on her own tongue.

Her right-hand reaches up to Argent's desk as he kneels down beside her. Her fingers wrap around a letter opener as she flips onto her back, her lips turning blue. "Y-You..." She rasps as she glares at the threshold.

Within two seconds, Argent has a gun pointed at the Nogitsune's head.

"I think we know how that ended last time, hmm?" The Nogitsune grabs the barrel of the gun, bending it up. With a single slap, Argent flies into his gun cabinet, his eyes falling closed as Lexi continues gasping for air as she struggles to keep staring at the Nogitsune.

It kneels down next to her with a grin. "You've unfortunately figured me out, haven't you?" As her mouth opens and closes rapidly, it places one of its hands on her chest. She gasps as air fills her lungs. "Better?"

"What do you want?" She demands as her white stains the edges of her vision. "You have done enough."

"Not yet." It wags a finger in the air. "Not until you and your entire family are suffering for all eternity." It picks up the fallen phone, crushing it in its hand. "Now, why don't we renegotiate our little deal, hmm?" Reaching into its pocket, it produces a silver dagger.

Attempting to blink away the fading vision, Lexi reaches forward. The Nogitsune pulls the dagger further from her reach. "Not yet, Alexis." It clicks its tongue. "We have more to discuss."

"You don't have it in you," Lexi snaps, pressing her back further against the desk. "Y-You wouldn't dagger me." She chuckles as the pain moves downwards, spreading all over her body. "What sort of sociopath would let me escape all that pain you have planned?"

"Actually," Its hand wraps around her throat. "I was planning on taking that pain."

"Good." Lexi rakes the letter opener over the Nogitsune's face. It shouts, stumbling backward into Isaac's punch. Forcing herself up, Lexi lunges only for the Nogitsune to disappear into thin air, making her collide into the opposite wall.

She groans as the pain fades away, leaving her sore and incredibly pissed off. Her eyes glow blue as she looks back at a very scared Isaac. "Tell Argent to show you the arrowheads," she orders as she dusts herself off. "He was scared a-about the arrowheads. Derek's getting the-the-the... the box. It's at the school—we have to get to the school."

"What are you talking about?" Isaac asks, grabbing her arm before she can leave. "Your skin—"

"I'll be fine." She glances down at her pale skin. Dark veins crawl up her arms. "While he was trying to get into my head, I got into his. You have to trust me. Tell Argent everything I said. We have a Nogitsune to kill."

(In the tune of "Voldemort is Going Down" from AVPM) Nogitsune is going down! 

Hope you enjoyed!

-L