Chapter 33: Cracking The Code

{very sensitive subjects}

Taehyung stacked the last paper, getting up from his chair and entering the living room quietly, a brisk pattern fixed with him. Jungkook was asleep on the sofa, cuddling their daughter, mouth open ajar and his graceful features decorous. The brunet got on his knees near a unit, sighing slightly and yawning open one of the drawers, fishing out a substantial envelope packed with photographs and letters. 

"Hm.." Taehyung found what he was looking for quite fast, pulling the letter out, getting up and kissing the ravenette on the cheek. He regretted the action quickly, because Jungkook wrapped his strong arms around the younger, "Cuddles."

Taehyung bit his lip, "J...Jungkook, let go, baby." The latter ignored him, kissing his forehead and letting his hands rest on the others butt. "Jungkook, it's important, please." The ravenette looked at the brunet with one eye open, "Important? What happened, petal?" 

Taehyung looked down, fiddling with the folded letter and getting off his husbands lap. Jungkook furrowed his brows, looking at the other in concern, "What's that?" The younger gulped, "Nothing," And with that, he scurried back to the study, ignoring his lovers perturbed look. 

A frustrated sound emitted from Taehyung's mouth, he clicked his pen in anxiety and tapped his foot against the floor, "Come on, come on, come on." More sticky notes were flipped through, more jottings and more analysis notes were made.

Jungkook walked in and backhugged Taehyung, closing his eyes and kissing his neck tenderly. A hum of tranquility hit the brunet's soft, honey skin before panic rose in Jungkook's throat, "T-Taehyung...did...did you? I-I told you n-not to." 

"I'm almost there, Kooks. I've almost got it. He refused to tell us, so I'm determined to do it myself." The ravenette looked at the others notes in shock, "How did you get this far?" 

"A lot of thinking and phone calls, baby." Jungkook nodded hesitantly, "Where are you stuck? Marriage? Is it after our marriage?" 

Taehyung suddenly jerked, "YES, MARRIAGE, IT FITS WITH THE AGE! OH MY GOD, WE DID ITTT!" The younger got up, kissing the older passionately, a happy feeling rested in his heart as he filled in the last few words.

"I didn't do anything, my love. It was all you." Taehyung shook his head, "You were a huge part of it. You kept me going and gave me the resolution to complete it. It was in Yoongi's honour and you aided me so much. Now let's look over it. Let's let Yoongi rest in peace." 

"Dear Taehyung and Jungkook, it's nice to be able to talk to you while I'm gone, in some way at least. You guys are still lovebirds, right? You better be. Taekook is my OTP. That's what the cool kids say, I'm a cool kid so I would know. Ignore the fact that I'm 28 please. Anyways, I shouldn't really be making jokes. This is actually quite serious. Well, for some people. I'm sure many wouldn't care too much. And that's fine. I'll get gay to the point, jeez sorry, I should write formally...I ended my life, it's not your fault. Don't worry. I waited for after your marriage so that you wouldn't get upset. Actually, you might still get upset! But...at least it wasn't while your marriage. I'm not that selfish. I think. I wouldn't like a reply to that. Might burst my bubble. Let's see here, you'd probably ask me why I did this, I...well...I just wasn't happy, maybe I should take back my previous statement, I'm a little selfish I guess, there aren't many reasons for my melancholy, but there is one that stands out. I just don't want trouble, you don't wanna know the things I've had to do. And, I think it's enough. I think I'm done with this whole parade of sadness. You can curse me, hate me, miss me, cry for me, but I'll still be happy when I don't have to worry anymore. So I don't think you should cry, you want my happiness, don't you? I honestly drown my problems in alcohol, which isn't always the brightest idea. But it was one of my only comforts, how dramatic am I? I'm quite a dumb person if you look at the big picture, killing myself like a fool when I have so much potential. But...I can't bear it, I have a huge crush on Hoseok and he just simply is too oblivious to figure that out, I suffer the pain of rejection each day, nothing is okay anymore if I can't even talk to a human being without facing the huge terror of messing up."