Chapter 32: His Best Friend's Boyfriend

Jungkook sighed quietly, continuing the explanation he was giving out for no reason. All the students weren't paying attention. As much as he loved giving lectures, he preferred his day to day job, he was just suffering these extra hours for something else he was planning. 

"Byulyi, cut that out." The latter sheepishly stopped taking the bits and pieces out of her pen, looking at Jungkook apologetically. The ravenette wrote down more notes, "Jot those down and I'll ask a few quick questions to see what you remember and what you don't." The students took out their notebooks, doing as their teacher said. 

Jungkook was skimming through some of the previous things he had scrawled onto his papers, noting exactly what they had done and what they had not, when suddenly, a buzz was heard from his bag. The buzz got louder as it formed into a loud ringing sound, all the students looked up, watching as Jungkook got up and checked his phone, raising a brow at his husband's name on the illuminated and vibrating electronic. 

The ravenette felt a rush of worry shoot down his spine, his palms leaking a sweat as his heart beat quickened. Why would Taehyung call him if he knew Jungkook was working?

Jungkook gulped, "Continue, I have to take this." The students kept staring, a little curious. Their teacher usually never accepted calls while a lecture. Jungkook went to the door, stopping abruptly and letting his limp hand rest on the door knob, his nerves shooting upwards. 

Taehyung was crying on the other end. Heart wrenching sobs and sniffles echoed through the phone, leaving Jungkook speechless and highly panicked, "Tae, what's wrong? Taehyung!" Jungkook grabbed at his own hair in hysteria, biting his lip and looking down. 

"J-Jungk-ook, I-I, c-come h-ome. P-please." The ravenette rushed to his bag, stuffing his books inside recklessly and closing it, "What happened?!" Taehyung sniffled, trying to calm down, it was no use though because he suddenly started sobbing again, panicking Jungkook even more if possible.

"I'll be right there, Tae, please calm down!" Jungkook hung up, telling the students he has to go and that he'll send someone else to look after them, he ran out of the university, getting into his car and speeding towards their house, swerving and cursing under his breath when the littlest things stopped him.

Without even grabbing his bags, Jungkook sprinted towards the door, knocking loudly and panting. Taehyung opened the door, his eyes red and puffy, his hair messy and his lips cracked from how much he had chewed on them in pure dread. Jungkook hugged Taehyung, waiting for him to speak.

He honestly didn't want to pressure him, he seemed so distraught and shocked, it pained him and made him want to cuddle him for eternity, if he didn't already want to do that before. 

Taehyung hugged him back tightly, some tears falling onto Jungkook's white shirt.

The brunet walked to the kitchen, grabbing something and coming back, "I..I s-sent N-Neul-sang t-to my m-mum, b-because th-is i-is a l-little t-to heavy f-for her t-to handle..." Taehyung handed him an envelope, backing up a little, "List-en..." Jungkook stared at his lover, utterly confused and nervous for what was to come.

"I-...Y...Yoongi died."

Jungkook dropped the envelope and his heart fell with it, as much as the paper didn't shatter, his heart did. A waterfall of sadness was dropped onto him, as if the world around him stopped, the ravenette paled by so many shades, tears running down without his permission. A quick swallow of the lump in his throat, and he was practically begging for this to be some sick joke, practically hoping Yoongi would jump out from behind their sofa and show off his smile, shouting out, 'You should've seen the look on your face!' But that didn't happen. His begging didn't work. 

Jungkook's heart sank further, something in him wanting to scream and question everything, but he couldn't find his voice. 

So with the amount of vocal ability he could pick up, a weak and struggling 2 word sentence fell off of his tongue, tasting so bitter and disgusting. 

"H-he w-what?"