Chapter 20: Well Fuck

Today was Jimin's birthday, Taehyung was super excited and decided he'd invite everyone at their college to a party for his best friend, he wished Jimin a quick happy birthday after a long college day, immediately rushing out and placing the decorations he had bought in his dorm. 

Guests soon arrived an hour earlier to help Taehyung, some of them helping and placing gifts, others putting snacks out and arranging drinks. 

Taehyung smiled, "Alright, when I tell you, we all hide and surprise him, okay? I told him to just use the spare key I gave him because I'd be in my room."

Jungkook was invited too. Taehyung wanted them to remain as good friends, best friends is what he'll always imagine them as but...Jungkook slowly drifted away from him. The latter looked at the bright boy, sighing sadly and smiling. 

Taehyung opened his phone, texting about when Jimin's arrival will be, Jimin texting saying he was about to turn the corner to his house, Taehyung giggled in excitement and told everyone to hide, turning off the light and hiding himself. 

A car engine was heard, Taehyung looking at the door enthusiastically, keys rattling were heard, the knob being twisted and the door being slowly opened, "Tae?" Jimin looked around, turning the lights on and being greeted with a big, "SURPRISE!" 

Jimin jumped back, screaming like a girl. All the guests giggled, Taehyung running to give him a hug. "I hope you like it, Jimin." Jimin hugged him back, "Thank you so much, TaeTae. You're the best." Taehyung let go, letting everyone greet the birthday boy. 

Much bantering and talking later, Taehyung stared at everyone in awe, smiling to himself. He mumbled out a, "Sweet." His eyes scanning for one particular person, that person beating him to it with an introduction.

"Hey, Tae." Taehyung looked to his side, giving him a huge grin and hugging him, "Hey, Kookie." Jungkook hugged him back, looking at Jimin sadly. "Amazing party, Jimin must mean a lot to you, huh?" Taehyung nodded, "But so do you, Kookie." Jungkook sighed, "I'm not sure about that. I miss you, Taehyung." Taehyung looked at him with fond eyes, biting his lip, "Don't wrap yourself in self-doubt, hyung. You don't get a thing from your misery, okay? You deserve more than me." Jungkook fidgeted slightly, "But...you were my first love, Tae.." Taehyung was about to give him another hug until he heard Jimin shouting, "EVERYONE LISTEN UP!" 

Taehyung and Jungkook both looked up to see Jimin standing on a table, he didn't seem drunk, unlike most people at the party. 

"I have something really important to say, I want to confess something. I want to say something to someone who's been with me for almost all of my life, even when I hurt him. I want to say it to the only person who made me feel worth it. The only person who understood me. The person who made me happy."

Jimin gave his eye smile, looking at Taehyung, 

"Taehyung, I like you."

Taehyung looked at Jungkook who seemed heartbroken, 

he closed his eyes, thinking to himself,

Well fuck.